Name that show...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fish149

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I remember seeing a show once, maybe rescue 911 or one similar to it about an open water diver who was frog gigging at night in some lake or river maybe in Tennessee. Anyways, he's doing this at night and doesn't realize that he's swam into a cave. By the time he realizes where he's at it's too late and he's lost but finds some kind of air pocket to hang out in. I remember that this body of water was dammed up and as the search for him was in progress, the decision made to open the spillways and lower the water level to help gain some time for his rescue.
I was telling a buddy about this today and I've been trying to find this on you tube, google, whatever but have had no luck.
Does this sound familiar to anyone? Do you remember the name of the episode or where I can find the story online?

I remember seeing a show once, maybe rescue 911 or one similar to it about an open water diver who was frog gigging at night in some lake or river maybe in Tennessee. Anyways, he's doing this at night and doesn't realize that he's swam into a cave. By the time he realizes where he's at it's too late and he's lost but finds some kind of air pocket to hang out in. I remember that this body of water was dammed up and as the search for him was in progress, the decision made to open the spillways and lower the water level to help gain some time for his rescue.
I was telling a buddy about this today and I've been trying to find this on you tube, google, whatever but have had no luck.
Does this sound familiar to anyone? Do you remember the name of the episode or where I can find the story online?
Station R: Caving click the link

Thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom