Name that wreck!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Natasha

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
OK lets hear it. Name the wrecks you've been on. And your future wrecks.
Here's mine.
Rhone- BVI
Theo's wreck- Grand Bahama
Hilma Hooker- Bonaire
Amigos wreck- Belize

Added this year
C-53 in Cozumel

Future:
Andrea Doria - Northeast corner of the new, " Bermuda Triangle"

Weeellll, I won't list all the wrecks I've been on, but I will say that my favorite wreck to date is the Samual Mather in Whitefish Bay Michigan. This one is a 246' steamer that sunk in 1891, and she is sitting pretty in 180' of water with two mast standing, rigging in place, and many artifacts to see.

Mike

What the heck I'll list mine

Hilma Hooker -freighter- Bonaire
City of Washington -unknown- Key Largo
U-352 -german sub- Morehead City
aeolus -navy cable layer- Morehead City
papoose -liberty ship- Morehead City
schurz -WWI Gunboat- Morehead City
soloide -Molassas tanker- Morehead City
W.E. Hutton -Liberty ship- Morehead City
Indra -freighter- Morehead City
Caribsea -freighter- Morehead City
Atlas -tanker- Morehead City
amagansant -Fishing trawler- Morehead City
Hardee -yard oiler- Morehead City
Neaco -Liberty ship- Morehead City
Junk - Chinese trading ship- Lake Jocassee

That's it for now -- Winter 2003 -- Grand Truk!!!!!!!!!!!

Too many to list,favorite is the Adolphus Busch ,as thats where I take alot of people on thier first"wreck" dive.My dream is to do the deep wrecks I've fished in northeast Fla.Still to far out for my current boat at 50-60 miles out.

Well, there was a 20' cabin cruiser at the bottom of the quarry in Cerulean kentucky.....
:tease:
Does the crusher house at the bottom of the quarry count? I got my "wreck experience" dive for AOW inside it?

I saw the rusting hulk of the USS Strength about 250 yards (okay, maybe a little further) off the coast of Panama City, FL.

Maybe not the most impressive list, but I'm looking forward to more....

Wateron,

Where is Morehead City? (NC?) Seems like a good place to get some experience. What kind of depth are those wrecks sitting in?

Large,
I was waiting for someone to say I was wrong. However I didn't think it would be you! LoL. You said you read " Deep Descent". In Kevin's book he says the Doria is in an area know for a long time, as the "Bermuda Triangle of the NorthEast". I should have added " Notheast" to my first post.
It's written on the inside cover jacket.
I'd love to dive it. I might be qualified by my 50 th birthday!
I give all of you Tech divers a lot of credit. It's fasinating to read the trip expeditions.
:sunny:

I've dove a lot of wrecks, many without names, but the best had to be the Yongala (Townsville, Australia) for its amazing sea life.

Molon,
NC is North Carolina. And my tech diver friends say it has some awesome diving. I believe Bob Decker is the man to dive with out there. I can get you his email address if you're interested.
:sunny:

Nat,

Thanks, but I was asking "NC" as in:

Where is Morehead? (Is it in North Carolina?)

So, is it?

Meanwhile, I've head that there are a plethora of wrecks including at least one U-boat off the coast of NC, that's why I thought his list might have been from there. I'd like to head that way next summer.

BTW, regarding your comment on another thread, my stepfatehr and his buds have dived many of the wrecks in the New York Bight, but they haven't rounded the corner and braved the A.D. yet...... I'm hoping to do some dives up there next year too....

Lastly, "Duca" is my user name, "Molon" is the first word of my tag line... :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom