Nanight lights?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Many thanks Greeniguana.

I'm checking their website at the moment.
Several pictures are available indeed.
Looks like an upgrade I'm going to make.
The version 1 is not bad but scraping the skin of my fingers while opening it is not really convenient.

They've got a youtube clip available at their website.
Its a screw connector via an adapter piece.
If upgrading a small part of electronics should be replaced also, most likely to switch of the connector area from power when submerged.
I've just send in a request if a manual is attached in the upgrade kit.
Hopefully just unscrewing the canister, removing the connector by screwing off a locknut and the other way around to install the new version.

it looks like some kind of magnetic style DIY connector :) ? ... on tank side

.....and where is charger side ? :thumb:

There is an adapter (brass colored piece in photo) that screws on to it. I contacted Nanight, they told me that the connector is replaceable by user, with caveat that the cannister should be pressure tested before inserting battery. But if I cannot buy the part, it doesn't really matter :^)

whatsapp_image_2021-01-11_at_15.46.01_3__1.jpg

I've got more than 6 months of use on mine. The charge port on mine (old style) leaks and then shorts out, causing weird performance issues. Ironically, Nanight now includes an "improved" charge port 2.0 on their lights. I told nanight my problem, they said I can buy the chargeport upgrade. OK, fine. The part is $40, HOWEVER, they charge $40 for shipping from Sweden. No other assistance was offered. My interim solution is unplugging the charge port.

I'm working with a stateside dealer (there aren't many) who is trying to get a new charge port for me, but they are having issues. If you're in Europe this light is probably a good deal . If you're in the US, I'd steer clear because getting parts is an issue.
It's a bummer that you have such problem. Have you tested to fill the charge port with mineral oil for a dive? It doesn't conduct electricity and doesn't compress under pressure so it might help (altought this might be messy to clean up between dives. i personally haven't tried such thing, so i'm just wondering out loud)

Shipping costs seems a bit excessive to the US. Can be part of the fact all packages are packages at the moment and no real flat-ware is existing anymore (due to new custom regulations since last year)

I have no idea what they are charging from Sweden towards The Netherlands, but a package from the Netherlands towards the US with track and trace is almost E30/35USD at the moment.
A small letterbox package, (no track and trace possible) is E11/13.5USD.

I have this.
How is that brass connector better than what I have now?

With what you have, the connector itself is not pressure rated, and instead the cap with o-ring is required to protect it. Also, if the socket does get water ingress, especially salt water, it's all but impossible to clean any residue.

With 2.0, the connector on the cannister is rated, it does not require a cap with an o-ring to seal it, and there are no cavities to collect residue.

I'd love to upgrade my Nanights to have this charging point, but they have no charge port at all - I gotsta open the canister, disconnect the battery and charge the old fashioned way. Not sure if its possible to retro fit a charge port onto mine

Back
Top Bottom