Narration in Diving TV Shows

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Trace Malinowski

Training Agency President
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
What makes Sea Hunt and The Undersea World of Jacques Cousteau 20,000 leagues better than most of the diving shows we now see on TV? Narration! While watching Sea Hunt and Cooper's Treasure, it dawned on me that full face mask communication with the audience just plain sucks in comparison to diving scenes accompanied by quality scripted narratives. Anyone else feel that way?

I totally agree with you

Several generations prior to Sea Hunt and The Undersea World of Jacques Cousteau there was a California based TV show "Kingdom of the sea" narrated by the late great John D Craig, with a young lovely Zale Parry as the side kick.

John had one of the most pleasing voices and Zale as always even to this day lovely as ever.

s

And Zale is still diving!

In my videos I use the sound of my regulator as background audio and narrate the shows with the dulcet tones of my own voice (since I'm the only voice over artist I can afford).

C'mon you Old Salts! You know who were the best & most inspiring of all time. . .

Most iconic narration was by the Twilight Zone Man himself -Rod Serling in the Undersea World of Jacques Cousteau:
(And the best most recognizable musical score and main theme by Leonard Rosenman and Walter Scharf)

C'mon you Old Salts! You know who were the best & most inspiring of all time. . .

Most iconic narration was by the Twilight Zone Man himself -Rod Serling in the Undersea World of Jacques Cousteau:
(And the best most recognizable musical score and main theme by Leonard Rosenman and Walter Scharf)

Ok, full stop!
How come these guys get a WATERSLIDE off the boat?!?!
Why don't more boats offer water slides for divers?

Diving to safe limits- 300"! Narcosis starting to be felt around 250"?
Agencies now would have their heads explode.

I do miss diving with just a backpack and single reg- no octo, no console, no bcd, just a watch and depth gauge. It felt so much freer then than now.

I totally agree with you

Several generations prior to Sea Hunt and The Undersea World of Jacques Cousteau there was a California based TV show "Kingdom of the sea" narrated by the late great John D Craig, with a young lovely Zale Parry as the side kick.

John had one of the most pleasing voices and Zale as always even to this day lovely as ever.

s

Also the Brauer Brothers "Territory Underwater" a local Los Angeles tv show back in the 60's.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom