NASA Neutral Bouyancy Lab-Fun Job!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I know many former and current people there. It's corporate, so the first folks who go during a budget crunch are the higher paid non management workers. The trainers and supervisors, because that makes sense. And, you are in the water for 4 hours a day diving 40 year old equipment. On the other hand, you're dealing with astronauts, who, despite the stories, can be pretty cool. So there is that.

But if you are interested in applying, I can get your resume a look.

But if you are interested in applying, I can get your resume a look.

It's more of a daydream than anything else. Whenever I start doing a hobby for work, I end up not enjoying it quite as much cause it becomes work. But thank you anyway!

i visited the NBL a few months ago and chatted with some workers, They use OMS gear thoughout and it all looked pretty new to me.

how about the doubles? yes, the harnesses and wings are new for each diver.

I'll bet they work their butts off, and the attention to detail required, as well as the stress of their responsibilities, must make for a demanding job. Fun diving for me would be to be one time in the tank watching them perform. Somehow, doing that job every scheduled day sounds a lot like very hard work, and not at all like skimming along on top of a beautiful reef. I hope they are well paid, because I suspect they work hard for every dollar.

I'll bet they work their butts off, and the attention to detail required, as well as the stress of their responsibilities, must make for a demanding job. Fun diving for me would be to be one time in the tank watching them perform. Somehow, doing that job every scheduled day sounds a lot like very hard work, and not at all like skimming along on top of a beautiful reef. I hope they are well paid, because I suspect they work hard for every dollar.

A good point. I'd love to try this once, but it seems like a lot of work to do it more often. lol

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom