Nassau Dive Shop: BEWARE

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

qglad:
I don't know where to start. You are a certified diver. Which means you should be responsible for yourself above and below the water.

1. If your tank slip out of the BCD... it is because you where to lazy to check it.
2. If the equipment was questionable... why did you get in the water with it? Don't put yourself at risk and then blame the dive operator.
3. If you loose the DM. Where is your dive plan? "Jump in and follow me" is a VERY poor plan.
4. Diesel engins smoke... sit in the front of the boat

In end, I sence you are looking for the gentle hand to lead you through your dive. Which is fine. But you need to book a private instructor guild and quite looking for someone else to be responsible for you.

...Of course I could be wrong...
:wave-smil

From your post, I understand you are a new diver. You will find that most dive ops in exotic places don't have great rental gear and the boats might not be the best. I would suggest you buy your own gear. I would never go anywhere with out mine. (that is my personal preference though).

As you get more experience under your belt, you will learn to love the freedom these dive ops give you. They let you dive your own profile, which is nice. The worse thing is to be an experience diver in a group of new divers and have to end your dive in 30-40 minutes when you could easily stay another 15-20 minutes.

How was the pre-dive instructions? Did they have a good way of checking that everyone was on board at the end of the dive? Did they have some snacks and drinks between dives?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom