Nassau Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Had the wife pull the file and what do you know my maps and descriptions are from Stuarts Cove site.

http://www.dive-bahamas.com/map/divemap.html

I printed out individual sites to bring with me.

I went to:

Steel Forest Wrecks - 3 ships fairly close lots to see. Would do this again.

Clifton Wall - they suggested we stay above 90' but didn't enforce it. Personally I wouldn’t do to much more on a single Al 80 w/ air

Palace Wall - lots of fish (very nice dive ) Will do this again.

David Tucker - nice wall 20 yards off the bow. Nice combo ship and wall.

Shark Dive - close enough to part your hair but gets boring quick. JMHO

Unknown wall w/ shark dive not far from arena not much here other than sharks

All were good dives but don't expect a lot of sea life at least at most of these site.

I noted in my log book to check tank pressure before setting up. One of the tanks only had 1800psi pre dive. Also noted that my buddy’s tanks had a fairly good stream of bubbles escaping on two dives so check the tank o rings for ware.

Three posts and I never mentioned my dive buddy. Steve was a CC rescue diver on vacation with his family (he also arrived early). It was my honor and pleasure to dive with him. I swear this guys SAC rate was so low he surfaced with more air then when he started. Come to think of it I don't have any bad "insta-buddy" experiences and hope they can say the same.

Mike

PS. Good site to check to see where you are on the island…

http://www.bahamatravelnet.com/maps/nassau.html

Mike,
Thanks for all the great information. Yeah I feel that it is a must to do the shark dive, if for nothing else than to see the look on my friends faces when I get back and tell them I intentionally went diving with sharks. This will be our second trip to Nassau, we'll be staying at the Wyndham again. Last trip was many years ago before we were certified, so this is the first "dive trip" to Nassau.
I'm calling SC today to book, don't want to pay "on island" prices. We're (my wife and I, I'm lucky she's my dive buddy) diving the 27th to the 30th with the shark dive probably on the 29th or 30th.
You said you first day you took a cab to get in early, is there a benefit to doing that?

See you on the boat (hopefully we'll be on the same boat)
Joe

PS: Enjoying the snow??

rje634:
You said you first day you took a cab to get in early, is there a benefit to doing that?

I went early to check out the shop, see where each boat was going, and pick a buddy rather than waiting to the last min. on the boat.

Is there a benefit?

If I was traveling with a familiar buddy I wouldn't have showed early. It's also $30 cab ride for somthing the offer free.

Also about 8:30 - 9am it seemed to gets swamped at the registration desk so be prepared, (water, coffee, fruit) for the Toys-R-Us pre Christmas check out line. lol

Enjoying the snow??

Ah what snow only rain in the city so far. From the news it looks like Westchester/Yonkers area is getting hit though. Can't wait for the drive home...

Besides the shark dive, which SC does as a two tank swim along with the sharks and then the feeding dive which is spent kneeling in the sand (you may get some time to look for shark teeth in the sand after the wrangler takes the bait box away) They also run a DPV wall flying boat a couple of times a week with a max 6 divers. This boat often does one dive on the Bond Wrecks (sunken boats, planes and props for a number of Bond and JAWs movies, including the Vulcan bomber from Thunderball.

On island, you may ask about the out island adventure, an all day 3 tank boat which runs over to Andros, but this only runs seasonally and with sufficient demand.

NYPI:
I went early to check out the shop, see where each boat was going, and pick a buddy rather than waiting to the last min. on the boat.

Is there a benefit?

If I was traveling with a familiar buddy I wouldn't have showed early. It's also $30 cab ride for somthing the offer free.

Also about 8:30 - 9am it seemed to gets swamped at the registration desk so be prepared, (water, coffee, fruit) for the Toys-R-Us pre Christmas check out line. lol
Yes I remember the chaos at the registration desk from 4 years ago, I guess they haven't gotten any better.

Were was it a $30 cab far from?
I'll probably stick with the free bus....
NYPI:
Ah what snow only rain in the city so far. From the news it looks like Westchester/Yonkers area is getting hit though. Can't wait for the drive home...
I'm up in Warwick, Orange County, and we have about 4 inches already. I gave myself a snow day today..

rje634:
Yes I remember the chaos at the registration desk from 4 years ago, I guess they haven't gotten any better.

Were was it a $30 cab far from?
I'll probably stick with the free bus....

We stayed at Atlantis. Beautiful hotel; I will post some of the pictures, but too big and way to crowded. We booked at Breezes this time. With the price of food in Nassau I wasn't surprised with the price of the cab ride. I think gas was just below $5 a gal then. It must be obscene now.

I'm up in Warwick, Orange County, and we have about 4 inches already. I gave myself a snow day today..

Lucky you...but still no snow in the city.

blawler1:
Besides the shark dive, which SC does as a two tank swim along with the sharks and then the feeding dive which is spent kneeling in the sand (you may get some time to look for shark teeth in the sand after the wrangler takes the bait box away) They also run a DPV wall flying boat a couple of times a week with a max 6 divers. This boat often does one dive on the Bond Wrecks (sunken boats, planes and props for a number of Bond and JAWs movies, including the Vulcan bomber from Thunderball.

On island, you may ask about the out island adventure, an all day 3 tank boat which runs over to Andros, but this only runs seasonally and with sufficient demand.
They said the DPVs are down for maintenance so no wall flying.
The out island adventure only runs Sundays May to October.
I asked about both when I booked today. Too bad I wanted to do the DPV dive.
We're booked for 2 days of AM dives and a shark dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom