Nature Island Dive (Dominica)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kpb007

Registered
Reaction score
I am trying to book a trip to Dominica for this june, and have heard that NID is a nice dive op and place to stay. Anyone been there recently with either + or - things to say about the place. Any other advice about traveling to Dominica? (I have seen the thread from March, but an looking for more recommendations now).

kpb007 once bubbled...
I am trying to book a trip to Dominica for this june, and have heard that NID is a nice dive op and place to stay. Anyone been there recently with either + or - things to say about the place. Any other advice about traveling to Dominica? (I have seen the thread from March, but an looking for more recommendations now).

Don't expect to find many big fish, but look for little critters and do do some hiking while there.

I have been to Dominica a couple of times, mostly business. But there are not a lot of options for lodging and dive ops. Most of the Hotels are in the same area and there isn't much difference between them, except for the size. The last time I stayed at the Fort Young Hotel. It was a nice hotel with a nice bar and a couple of restaurants, it also had a dive operation on site and close to town, theb rooms have nice balcony's that over look the ocean. There is really not much to do in the evenings in town so this hotel was the best when not diving. The whole Island is a rain forest, so you should spend time on some of the trips into the jungle, you won't be disappointed.
If you take a taxi from the airport to Roseau, don't sit in the front seat. Most of the way is a one lane road with lot's of twists and turns and it seems like a game of chicken when cars approach.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom