NAUI DIR tech course content (kinda split from DIR variances)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well... you guys are right, some NAUI instructors are more (and some less) DIR. If there are specifc questions about equipment and/or procedures, I will happily answer them (my POV of course).

Heather-

How about what you do in terms of your Tech 1 (NAUI equivalent, i.e., helitrox/advanced nitrox/deco procedures)? Is it close to what the boys at 5thd-X are teaching? Different from your WKPP days? How is it in terms of GUE's approach (if you are familiar with that).

I'd consider you one of a handful of the NAUI tech instructors teaching DIR technical training. I know most of the details of AG/Joe T's classes within the NAUI framweork, and I would be really interested in your class specifics.

-Doug

Heather-

How about what you do in terms of your Tech 1 (NAUI equivalent, i.e., helitrox/advanced nitrox/deco procedures)? Is it close to what the boys at 5thd-X are teaching? Different from your WKPP days? How is it in terms of GUE's approach (if you are familiar with that).

I'd consider you one of a handful of the NAUI tech instructors teaching DIR technical training. I know most of the details of AG/Joe T's classes within the NAUI framweork, and I would be really interested in your class specifics.

-Doug

Doug, I'm interested as well, but could we spin this off into a new thread?

Yes that would be interesting and helpful

e.g.
26/17 vs. 25/25 vs. 30/30
valve drills
lost deco gas protocols
jump marking

whatever you're willing to share. We won't bash you for the avatar :wink:

Y'all don't want much do you? I'll try to put something together tonight.

No, just everything if you would be so kind :D

Seriously, anything you can put out there would be great.

Doug, I'm interested as well, but could we spin this off into a new thread?

i tried poking around the thread tools and couldn't see any obvious way to do this...

not enough free time right now for me to figure out how...

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom