NAUI offers OW and EANx combo course

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Somewhat. Standard nitrox mixes are 32 and 36...so those tables are generally provided as course material...32 being the most common.

So do you dive 32 at 130’? You certainly could, but arguably it’s not wise. Lots of locations bank 30 or 28 percent. So unless you have a computer (let’s face it..at least 50% of vacation divers don’t) or software to plan dives (same point as before) you are back to using elementary math to determine MOD, CNS, OTUs and NDL.

SDI tables cover other mixes 0-40. Places I dive bank 32 or you request your own mix. On deeper dives I would often dive 30 because I like my PO2 to be 1.3 or less. Preferably 1.2. My dives are all over hard bottom so I just pick the mix for max depth possible.

Point is that it is easy to get tables for other mixes than remember exactly what the formulas are.

The math isn’t hard...then you only need one table.

Not just NAUI. PADI offers it too. I know this for a fact because I am a PADI Instructor and offer the OW Nitrox combo.
Not just that combo but I will offer lots of combos.

Not just NAUI. PADI offers it too. I know this for a fact because I am a PADI Instructor and offer the OW Nitrox combo.
Not just that combo but I will offer lots of combos.

I would think that most any agency will allow instructors to teach both simultaneously. My point was that NAUI (and it does seem like there may be others) offers a reduced price on the materials and testing when taken as a combination program. I did not see a reduced price combination on the PADI website - I probably just missed it.

I would think that most any agency will allow instructors to teach both simultaneously. My point was that NAUI (and it does seem like there may be others) offers a reduced price on the materials and testing when taken as a combination program. I did not see a reduced price combination on the PADI website - I probably just missed it.
It is up to the dive shop. Now SSI does give dive shops a p rice break for a master scuba diver program. Customers can still buy courses piecemeal of course, but that will be more cost passed onto the customer. I'm working on my own SSI Master Scuba Diver program that consists of PB, nav, deep, s&r, (plus rescue of course), as I like to have skills based MSD courses (I think academic courses like nitrox, equipment mai ntenance, science of diving, etc, shouldn't apply to MSD, but that's just me). For "my" MSD course, I'll probably offer a token discount on top of the SSI discount.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom