NAUI SLOGAN - "Just Dive"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GRAPE APE

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
So I am newly certified as of this year by a NAUI agency. I got my fancy c-card and the slogan just made me laugh. I guess running a SCUBA certification agency does not require business acumen.

The slogan on the front of the 50th anniversary card (2010) says "JUST DIVE" in huge letters.

After completing a month of classroom, pool, and OW sessions - going through briefings, review, dive planning etc. It just seems like the card I got says:

"Planning - hell no! Just Dive man.. just jump in!!! Reg in your mouth as you enter ? Who cares! Overweighted? Not possible!... Air in your BC? What for??? - Strong current? I dunno.... whatever man JUST DIVE.

I saw another post with the Padi picture and guys thumbing the dive... Every time you see a crappy commercial you know somewhere in some office run by morons - people were sitting around a table going "YEP - THAT'S IT! THAT IS GREAT! LETS GO WITH THE GUY SCREAMING AND THAT HORRIBLE ACTOR! PERFECT!"

Just ranting on a crappy Monday.

Just dive!

Pretty much sums it up, put on your poodle jacket, split fins and pink tank or get out there with your dry suit, isolated doubles and long hose.

Just Dive!

As a NAUI instructor I gotta shake my head every time I issue one of those cards.

Besides the subliminal message ... they're just butt-ugly.

I liked the old design much better.

I love teaching for NAUI, but to my concern this card design was not one of their better ideas ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

... on the other hand (and thinking of messages) ... it's not near as bad as the message Dive Training magazine put out there by writing an article on navigation featuring a picture of a bunch of divers walking on the bottom ...

Dive-Training-Picture---BAD.jpg

:confused:

:shocked2:

:no:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

My card definitely does not reflect my experience with the NAUI center. The instructors were great - and the LDS they worked for is fair. The card on the other hand is dripping with stupidity.

... on the other hand (and thinking of messages) ... it's not near as bad as the message Dive Training magazine put out there by writing an article on navigation featuring a picture of a bunch of divers walking on the bottom ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

What's on the bottom that they are disturbing that's going to make any difference
anywhere?

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Impressive, don't think I could stand that still. Are we sure that wasn't taken above ground and the background and air bubbles photo shopped in?

What's on the bottom that they are disturbing that's going to make any difference
anywhere?

Just because you can't see something living there doesn't mean it isn't.

Have you never seen garden eels? They live in places just like that.

In any case, it's the wrong question. The right question would be why would anyone consider that appropriate "Dive Training"?

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom