NAUI vs PADI ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

no scuba certifing agency has yet to defiy the laws of nature. I have been a Naui inst for 9 yrs - you either have good students or you dont. An instructor cannot take credit for a great student nor should they be blamed for a idiot. the diver makes the Agency a success or a failure. When a diver performes good they compliment the training agency and the inst. when a diver does something stupid they blame the agency and the instructor.

This is a good point and one I don't see much discussion about on SB. In my experience, a lot of people who want to dive just don't have the physical or mental skills to do it very well.

A recent article I read indicated that divers with less than 20 dives account for about half of diving fatalities. Some will say this is proof of inadequate training, but my guess is that many or most of these folks were not competent swimmers, were in poor physical condition, or were just not comfortable in the water.

True, but that was what equalized to the PADI Advanced Open Water, I was just trying to say that it is not a matter of NAUI not accepting any PADI certs.

I've added a couple NSS-CDS cards since this was taken ... hope to have another one to toss in the drawer by this time next week ... (class starts on Monday) ...

certcards.jpg

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

28 cards later, do any of them stand out as a favorite class?

Back
Top Bottom