Nauticam & dual YS-D1's for G-15 & sample shots from cannon housing.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks Karl,

Looks like a good lens, I'm torn now between this and the inon UCL 165!

---------- Post added July 26th, 2013 at 12:12 PM ----------

---------- Post added July 26th, 2013 at 12:15 PM ----------

Can anyone recommend a good UK On line retailer for Nauticam?.

At the moment I'm looking at Nauticam NA-G15 Housing for Canon G15 by Nauticam - DiveLife. Coming in at £799.

YS-D1 of course has plenty of retailers.

With regards to arms & trays I was looking at Ultralight but wondered how the wet lens (or other lenses) would attach? I am looking at an inon UCL-165 & then later a wide/semi fish eye with dome. If I purchased inon's lens mount, is this a universal fitting to attach to any brand of arm i.e Ultralight or would i have to run with an inon arm/ tray option?
Perhaps someone maybe able to recommend a good arm & tray set up for the nauticam housing, single strobe and one, possibly two lens attachments
(The nauticam has a threaded M67 port)
Thanks!

Last edited:
Hi For anyone interested!

My final set up for my G-15 I decided to save some cash and stick with my original Canon housing spending the extra money on glass. I went for a single YS-D1 strobe, pro fit +8 close up lens, Inon dome lens unit II & wide angle lens, ultralight arm and tray and an Inon lens base adapter to enable my canon housing to become M67 thread ready.
I recently dived in Dahab Egypt and was really impressed with both lenses, The close up lens was quite tricky to focus but didn't take too long to get to grips with. I did however realise how important the 2nd strobe is for wide angle! so two guesses what I'm saving up for now!?

I was also surprised with the strobe how quickly I found myself moving away from TTL in favour of manual. I thought I would always be using TTL but found better results by simply tweaking and trying adjustments! Having never used a strobe before i thought this was pretty good!?

Will post a couple of sample pics soon. Thanks for everyones input in helping me make my purchases.

IMG_7325.jpgIMG_8063.jpgIMG_7152.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_7975.jpg
    IMG_7975.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 119
Hopefully BN16 will reply. I was wondering what your adaptor was for the OEM Canon housing. Could you let me know.

Cheers,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom