Nauticam EM1 first impressions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

watboy

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Received my Nauticam EM1 today. I'll post some pictures and more details later but first impressions. I'll also need to spend some time customizing the buttons and getting familiar to the new layout. I found my EM5 to be effortless to control, hoping the same here.
Pros: It has some DSLR level features in it. I quite like the shutter release lever for its ergonomics and you still get the feel of a half press. The front control dial is controlled by a dial on the side below the shutter release. Very easy to reach. There's also a lever for your right hand thumb, i hope to map it to manual focus. The camera tray now finally has a lock, i've had to catch my EM5 slipping out on more than one occasion. The port release lever looks cool. I like the brackets that stabilize the grip handles, i've been putting video lights in addition to strobes on my arms, this makes it far sturdier.

Cons: There's some additional things you have to remember to do. Like the way the power switch on the EM1 works means you have to lift the power lever up every time you put the body in or out.

Really annoying: They shipped the wrong sized vacuum valve. I won't get the right one in time for my Raja Ampat trip. I've done hundreds of no problem dives without a vacuum system, but I'm too familiar with Murphy's law.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom