Nauticam Housing Problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Laurie S.

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Has anyone else had a problem with a Nauticam housing for a Canon 70D? I just spent half an hour trying to get the case to sync with the on-off switch with no luck. The first two days last week, I had no problem, and now, no matter what I do, I can't get the housing to turn on the camera. This happened earlier this year when I was first diving with it, and now again it completely refuses to flip the switch. I am beyond frustrated!

The switch should self align. I would make sure that the camera is completely square on it's tray and all external things like screen protectors, etc are taken off of it. Try alos wiping off the controls with rubbing alcohol. Our hands leave oil on the controls that can allow them to slip a little bit.

Otherwise, it's probably going to take a trip back to Nauticam with the camera body to have to adjusted.

I gave it another try this morning and got it to work. It seems that the tray may be a tiny bit off in its alignment and that causes the problem. I will try cleaning off the controls to see if that helps.

I use an Aquatica housing for a Nikon, but occasionally, I have the same problem. I find that if I have the camera turned on, and the housing lever also in the on position, that works best. If everything is in the off position, it often just doesn't connect properly.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom