NAUTICAM NA-ELP3 with Olympus 12 mm lens

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have not used the Pana 14 F/2.5 but the reviews are good for the price of the lens. The main difference is an angle of view of 75 degrees (14) v. 84 degrees. This is a big difference when it comes to U/W photography and being able to fill the frame with the subject while getting close. The 12mm is about as good a lens as you can find for M4/3.

Phil Rudin

Hello Nir,

If you go to our website, and look in the right hand column, you'll see the link for the port charts, including the m4/3 chart.
Nauticam USA - Innovation Underwater - Nauticam USA News

In a nutshell, these are the current lenses supported
Lumix 8mm FE
Lumix 14mm
Leica 45mm macro
Lumix 14-42
Lumix 7-14
Olympus 14-42
Olympus 9-18

The Lumix 14-42 PZ will be supported soon, and of course we are looking at all of the other newer lenses too.

Cheers,
Cp

Chris,

Thanks for the reply. It seems that the port chart is a bit incomplete (e.g., you can use the 12mm with 4.33 dome). In particular, I'd like to understand whether its possible to use the 45mm macro with the 56 flat port I have for the Oly 14-42 lens.

BTW, the diagram for the 4" is quite unlike the actual port...

Thanks!

-Nir

Hello Nir,

Yes, the port are (and probably always wil be) a work in progress. That chart is definitely due for an update.

Yes, you could use the 56 flat port with the 45mm... you will have a little extra gap there, but it won't vignette. The lens focuses very closely so it is less than ideal - the lens could focus on the glass itself sometimes, or particulate on the glass, and without that gap you can't get quite as close to your subject.

Cheers,
Cp

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom