Nauticam to produce housing for Panasonic GX1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here's mine ... hehehe
Can't wait to test it underwater ...

20120418_200955.jpg
20120418_201320.jpg

Looks good. Don't know for sure, but you might want to consider some buoyancy arms for that.

We just got some Nauticam GX1 housings in. The housings are quite and small and very nice. I just updated our mirrorless camera guide to include the GX1 as on of our top picks.

How is the 14-42mm X zoom as an UW lens? Are there other lenses that will fit in the included port?

How is the 14-42mm X zoom as an UW lens? Are there other lenses that will fit in the included port?

Nauticam has both a flat port and a semi-dome for the 14-42. No port is per se included with the housing.

I know the semi-dome port will also accommodate the older 14-45 lens and the non-auto 14-42 and the 9-18. I am not sure what other lenses would work in it. Their port chart is a bit out-of date, and they accommodate more lenses than they show.

If for some reason I were going to limit myself to only one port, I suppose it would be the 4" semi-dome so I could use the 9-18 for wide angle and the 14-42 for fish portraits. They also have now come out with an adapter to use a diopter on the semi-dome, so one could even do macro.

Hey Alex, would love to hear more about your experience with the camera.

Looking at this as a possible smaller companion to my 7D/Nauticam when I don't want to lug around the big kit.

Hi guys,

I just took the GX1 away to Egypt to test. Very impressive image quality, I used the 8mm Fisheye and the 45mm macro and took it on 2 dives.

Apologies for the direct links, the file sizes are too large to include in the message and I don't have time to resieze and reupload at the mo.

lionGX1 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

lionGX1 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

First pics with the macro & fisheye lenses...quite happy with the setup...not too big...

_1010576.jpg_1010700.jpg_1010587.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom