Nautilus 2 liveaboard - The Maldives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wiggsy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
The Nautilus 2 looks to be a fine vessel indeed with a really goo dporice point, particularly when I plan to travel. Do any SBers have experience with this vessel. I've seen some nice videos and images, but would value a personal recommendation. Many thanks,

Alan

My experience of Nautilus 2 is a little out of date (about 4 years) - so may be inaccurate. But to try & help you - here it is....

The vessel itself is wonderful. The largest lob I have been on. Huge cabins, huge en-suites & enormous lounge/dining area. The food was also excellent. Good boat crew.

The diving set up was not my favourite, however. They only had 1 1/2 DM for 20+ guests. Also the dhoni was no where near the standard of the lob. Crucially it only had 2 cramped exits (jump points). The shortage of DMs & the time it took everyone to jump from the dhoni meant that dropping the group into current did not work at all well.

Consequently, we only did the 'pretty' sites & omitted the 'high energy' sites. So not much in the way of pelagics on view. Also the compressor only did 180 bar fills - so short dives.

I hope they have fixed the dive operation over the intervening years. If so, it would be a wonderful lob.

Cheers

John

Thanks Mantajohn....I notice that their newer website has a different Dhoni to what I see in the older videos, which featured a very traditional looing vessel with a tall raised curved prow. The newer dhoni looks much better. But you've given me something to check up on and negotiate about. Should be a max of one dive guide to 8 divers - I can insist on that. Dive guides should not be hard to come by in The Maldives.

---------- Post added November 12th, 2014 at 03:59 AM ----------

Actually Mantajohn - looking at this nifty video from a month or so back, they appear to have a much better dhoni now with four fairly good exit points - looks to have been upgraded and is a larger vessel overall. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mV20nkqSHUQ

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom