Nautilus Explorer Trip Questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubajoe86

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm getting ready for a Great white trip on the Nautilus Explorer to Guadalupe Island. A couple of quick questions for anyone who has been on the Nautilus Explorer and also out to Guadalupe Island recently.

What can I expect for the water temperatures over the next couple weeks? It seems like with the El Nino water temperatures have been warmer than usual. I was hoping someone could tell me a recent temp in one of the submerged cages. I'm trying to decide which wet suit to take and realize it is definitely a diver specific question. Some divers can wear a shortie at 70 degrees and some people need a dry suit at 78 degrees. With a temp, I'm pretty sure I can tell what I need to bring with me.

Also does anyone know if the Nautilus Explorer has wifi available when it is out at Guadalupe Island? If yes, any idea of the cost to use it during a trip? I couldn't find the answer on the website. I thought I saw that it was available for the Belle Amie, but I wasn't sure if this was also true for the Explorer.

Cheers,
Joe

Did a Socorros/Sea of Cortez trip on Nautilus Explorer in June...wifi was available and cost $100 for the trip. I opted for it and honestly was a waste of money...sometimes took hours just to get onto email when it was working at all...and that wasn't just way out to sea it was the whole time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom