Nautilus Lifeline

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@Dan_T If you don't mind me asking something related but OT ...
Is that the TekTite Mark-Lite LED Strobe?
How do you like it?
Does it use standard 1.5V AAs or the 3.7V Lithium AA-size batteries? - I find conflicting info.
Thanks!

Yes, it is. It uses a 1.5C AA battery. I got it from TekTite Mark-Lite LED Strobe Light

41A9232C-062F-47FB-8B68-63DE4CB44B39.jpeg

Yea, it is a simple thing (good), but somtimes even simple things have negatives thet aren't obvious in a photo w/ marketing copy.

Thanks again!

Dsc or vhf ch70 is a data channel. No voice is being transmitted.
A full DSC unit is capable of 2 way communication but only to send a message and reply to a rceived one. Most of thr time to send a request to change to a requested voice VHF channel.
Its difficult to explain. My advice check wikipedia or other websites upon DSC and GMDSS systems.

Digital selective calling - Wikipedia

"Basically, once it got below 40% capacity, the chat feature became disabled."
The threshold can be adjusted and IIRC disabled entirely in the software options. And there are a number of other options. The original Nautilus has a number of software settings. And as noted, that battery seems to consume itself even when off, it really should be charged the night before every dive.

"Basically, once it got below 40% capacity, the chat feature became disabled."
The threshold can be adjusted and IIRC disabled entirely in the software options. And there are a number of other options. The original Nautilus has a number of software settings. And as noted, that battery seems to consume itself even when off, it really should be charged the night before every dive.

Yep, the threshold can be set on the Nautilus Lifeline itself. The troubling aspect is that it would just turn off if the Chat feature is activated instead of saying something like "Disabled".

Attachments

• TEKTITE Mark-Lite LED.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 120

Back
Top Bottom