Navy decompression tables

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hmmm .... i bought NOAA's Diving Manual just so i could get the Navy tables...

let me see if i can find a site

If you look up the download for the US NAvy dive manual the tables are all in there. If you are having difficulty finding it let me know and I'll go over to the decostop and get the addy for you. It's a free download of the newest version. They did a revision of them recently. I have the old ones and the new ones in the manual but got to go to bed now, I'm beat. PM me if you don't find em by tomorrow night.

If you want a waterproof copy, IANTD sells them, and so does Trident. They both have the air tables on one side and the deco tables on the other. Leisurepro carries the Trident ones.

I would like to say that since joining scubaboard, of all the things I've learned, getting my hands on the US Navy Diving Manual tops everything. This type document, is what I've been looking for in the stores and online booksellers. Thanks all.

PD

So I checked Leisure Pro and Dive Gear Express, and it appears both are still selling waterproof tables of the OLD versions of the USN Tables. Although they are very similar, the 2008 version from the revised USN Diving manual does increase some deco times significantly.

Anybody know where I can get my hands on a water proof version with the NEW
(2008) dive tables from the USN Dive Manual?

So I checked Leisure Pro and Dive Gear Express, and it appears both are still selling waterproof tables of the OLD versions of the USN Tables. Although they are very similar, the 2008 version from the revised USN Diving manual does increase some deco times significantly.

Anybody know where I can get my hands on a water proof version with the NEW
(2008) dive tables from the USN Dive Manual?

I think the PadI tables are the same or similar as the revised Navy tables. I use the original tables and add my own safety factor to suit my needs.

N

Rev 5 of the USN Manual is also here. This is the USN56 model. These have air decompression following air dives.

The new tables in Rev 6 are VVAL-18M parametrization of the Thalmann Algorithm. These are oxygen decompression following air dives with O2 starting at 30 fsw. There was a nice thread on the development in the NEDU forum.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom