Navy SEAL/UDT Museum visit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chugwhump

Contributor
Reaction score
SE Florida, the flattest part, I can see Mount Pom
# of dives
None - Not Certified
Today I am off to Vero to the SEAL/UDT Museum with my son.
He is 11 today!
Any lunch, tourista suggestions, or anything else I ought to see up there suggestions are appreciated.
Other than the Driftwood Inn, I know little or nothing about the town and it's environs.
Chug
Too blind to have even realistically considered being a SEAL, and hates cold water.

What a great birthday you have planned for your son!!! That museum is so cool, you will both love it! I forget where I ate when I was up there, but a PM to Orlando Eric could be helpful as he lives in the area.

When you go, check out the handmade .45 they confiscated from a VC. I don't know if I'd shoot it, but it is an impressive piece of hand made work

Been a few years since I've visited that place, but I believe they have on display the infamous lifeboat the Somali pirates were dispatched by three SEAL's:D

Yup....the lifeboat is there. quite cool.

lots of places to eat in Vero. just drive up A1A and visit in town!

We ate at Archies on the south side of the inlet.
We had a blast.
My son seriously dug the 40mm pump grenade launcher.
Amazingly enough and as a sheer coincidence, on the way back home I was talking with my father and learned that while serving in the USAF (31 years) as a senior officer in the Security Police career field he fought like hell to have this weapon adopted by them.
Pretty cool.
Chug
Really liked the M63 Stoner Light Machine Gun.

Archies Seabreeze is a good choice. Another if you're going south on A1A is Floating Submarine just North of the Jensen Beach Causeway on, of course; A1A. We had 12 ounce steaks last nite for $10. Tuesday is all you can snarf shrimp day for $10. Sunday ribs..........There's one in Vero as well.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom