NC wreck trip - July 2010

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

we are booked.... Olympus diving, July 26th & 27th. :D We might add on another day on either side of those, but not sure at this point. For now, that is all the diving we hope to do on our 5-6 day visit to NC.

robin:D

Some friends are booked with Olympus July 28-31. I am already booked for the 31st which is a special charter. Maybe we will overlap a day or so?

Some friends are booked with Olympus July 28-31. I am already booked for the 31st which is a special charter. Maybe we will overlap a day or so?

are you booked for the 28th? I haven't called yet to add that day on yet but plan to do it today. That would be our last day in area before heading back home.

are you booked for the 28th? I haven't called yet to add that day on yet but plan to do it today. That would be our last day in area before heading back home.

Right now I am only booked for the 31st. Let me look at my calendar to see if I can swing a mid week day off. I have a LOT of dive trips planned this year which are using my vacation time to the hilt!

You would like my buddies who are coming up. But I can tell you, this will be their first day of diving I think, and I can guarantee it will be a trip to the sub.

Right now I am only booked for the 31st. Let me look at my calendar to see if I can swing a mid week day off. I have a LOT of dive trips planned this year which are using my vacation time to the hilt!

You would like my buddies who are coming up. But I can tell you, this will be their first day of diving I think, and I can guarantee it will be a trip to the sub.

hmmmm, trip to the sub? My husband is really wanting to do that. :D I really don't care what we do as long as there are lots of fish & sharks and not too much current.

hmmmm, trip to the sub? My husband is really wanting to do that. :D I really don't care what we do as long as there are lots of fish & sharks and not too much current.

Shoot, I don't think I will be able to take a mid week day off that week. :depressed:

Good luck with the not much current thing. Take your bonine friend. The sub is not terribly flush with wildlife. The captains will be able to get you to the best places while you are there.

We just had a fantastic time today diving the Papoose with absolutely steller conditions! Nice flat seas, unbelievable! Sand Tigers, you name it. We're going back to the U352 tomorrow and have to see how the weather holds up for the afternoon and Thurs. Hope you have as good a time as my group is down here! Gotta get some zzzzzzz's now.....

Shoot, I don't think I will be able to take a mid week day off that week. :depressed:

Good luck with the not much current thing. Take your bonine friend. The sub is not terribly flush with wildlife. The captains will be able to get you to the best places while you are there.

sorry you can't join us! :( Ron just got back from a business trip, I think we will discuss adding on the 3rd day of diving... so much going on right now it is hard to get anything planned.

robin:wink:

What were the vis and temps? We're diving down there saturday.
Fantastic conditions! Seas have been like glass, great vis mostly. 2 dives on the sub today, 70 ft. Vis, 77 deg. Temps! It's blowin' tonight but we're going to try to hit the Naeco tomorrow for our last dives. We've seen tons of fish, lionfish, cudas, turtles and sand tigers. Our trip leader got some fantastic photos of the U-352. Hope the conditions hold for you folks.........

Lots of sharks on the Spar yesterday, loads of amberjack and baitfish....Even a few sharks over on the shoal tip on the Hardee. Water temp about 76 on surface with a few degree drop on the bottom. Visibility from 40-60 feet probably.
Mike

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom