NC wreck trip - July 2010

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

okay Mike, can you make sure we dive the Spar with those conditions? :wink:

robin:D

Good luck with that Robin. I was out last Sunday on the East Side (Caribsea/Atlas) and the seas were snarky and bottom 68 degrees. But it was still fun.

Robin I will put in the request, but know that I have on occassion angered Davy Jones and he doesn't always honor me.....
We are going to the Spar with a bunch of University master diver kids for a night dive next week I understand.
Sand Tigers get a little bumpy at night and I have seen NASTY (Not A Sand Tiger Y'all) sharks there on several occassions as well....
As much as I care for sharks I might decide to stay on the boat....!!
Mike

Robin I will put in the request, but know that I have on occassion angered Davy Jones and he doesn't always honor me.....
We are going to the Spar with a bunch of University master diver kids for a night dive next week I understand.
Sand Tigers get a little bumpy at night and I have seen NASTY (Not A Sand Tiger Y'all) sharks there on several occassions as well....
As much as I care for sharks I might decide to stay on the boat....!!
Mike

Super Mike is scared? :rofl3:

Hope those of you heading to NC soon get blessed with conditions like we had. We got blown out yesterday but had 3 days of flat seas, great vis and loads of marine life! I've got to say Olympus runs a nice, safe and organized operation. We had a great boat for our tech trip.

we have finally gotten our airfare booked... fly into Raleigh on July 23rd, back home on 29th. A short trip, but hopefully some great diving. We will probably try to add on another dive day, Sunday the 25th, if we can find openings on a boat. :D

Robin,
We made that Spar night dive of which I was skeered, but NEMA held my hand..right into deco...so I came out alright. There were Sandtigers, which turn from Golden Retrievers in the day light to Dobermans at night, some sand bars and some bulls...it makes night diving very exciting....the visibility and seas were both good and there was a little thermocline at 55' that dropped the water temp to around 73 or 74d at 110'.
On the Indra yesterday in the late afternoon we had a 6' chunky sandtiger swim around our ECU students like she had been paid to do it. Visibility was close to fifty feet and water temps in the mid seventies....
I am going to try and impose on NEMA to maybe slip me on the manifest for your diving on that Monday so we can hang out a bit.
Mike

Robin,
We made that Spar night dive of which I was skeered, but NEMA held my hand..right into deco...so I came out alright. There were Sandtigers, which turn from Golden Retrievers in the day light to Dobermans at night, some sand bars and some bulls...it makes night diving very exciting....the visibility and seas were both good and there was a little thermocline at 55' that dropped the water temp to around 73 or 74d at 110'.
On the Indra yesterday in the late afternoon we had a 6' chunky sandtiger swim around our ECU students like she had been paid to do it. Visibility was close to fifty feet and water temps in the mid seventies....
I am going to try and impose on NEMA to maybe slip me on the manifest for your diving on that Monday so we can hang out a bit.
Mike

thanks Mike. I think we are going to book for Sunday if they have spots. Looking forward to seeing you, and hopefully diving with you. :D

the Sandtigers sound so cool, really looking forward to seeing a few. But I am not sure about the night thing... :shocked2:

Ya'll laugh, but sharks really are like dogs. Keep in mind, Sand tigers need to swallow prey whole, because the mechanics of their jaws can't move fish to tear them. So, if you are bigger than a large fish (most of us are) they can't eat you.

Show and feel no fear. If they come close, maximize your size and profile. Slooowly....

That and just be nice. They will treat u fine... :D

Enjoy...

Andy

Back
Top Bottom