Neck injury and Wing Style BCD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I started with a jacket and now dive with a bp/w, and I feel like it's easy for me to roll around and position myself however I want to be in the water to see what I need to see. I can't say for sure whether it's easier than it was in a jacket, because I haven't tried a jacket lately and I'm a better diver now than I was then. But I do remember the first time I used a bp/w--even though it was a rental and I couldn't adjust the crotch strap tight enough for a proper fit--I was struck by the awesome sense of control on that first dive. I noticed a further improvement the first time I used my own, with the straps all adjusted just right for me. If you have the option to rent one, try it out!

Really appreciate everyone's comments. Makes me more determined to push on and try all types to see which works. Should have done this years ago but after my injury I didn't think I could. I just recently started swimming again using a mask and this is what made me think. Hell, I might try scuba again. So I did the refresher course, and now doing a drysuit. Joined a dive club down at Fort Lewis (Lakewood,WA). So hopefully get in a few more dives before my venture to the Philippines in March.
Thanks again

Back
Top Bottom