Neck pain from diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Misool Eco Resort, in Raja Ampat. They seem to be doing some really good work here! Know anything about it?

- Bill
I have heard about the resort. At one point, we thought about installing a few remote sensors on the house reef, near the resort. Take some top side photographs and perhaps find someone that can prove a neck message. ;-)

I have heard about the resort. At one point, we thought about installing a few remote sensors on the house reef, near the resort. Take some top side photographs and perhaps find someone that can prove a neck message. ;-)

Charlie what topside photos do you want? .. Anything in particular? Nice house reef wit baby sharks.

Bill, I would avoid any massage that hurts. Photos - Nothing in particular, just a few nice photos of the views, facility, and beach (?) or jetty.

Last edited:
Actually, deep tissue therapeutic massages definitely will have a level of pain associated with them, especially in the early ones, that's the therapist working the scar tissue, breaking it down in the muscles. It's not unheard of for the therapist to recommend ibuprofen and ice packs after the session, as you'll likely be sore for 2 to 3 days after each session.

In case anyone is interested :happywave: here is an update on my neck pain from diving:

It's much reduced. I took advice from some here and simply limited the amount of time that I was horizontal with my head turned up. Just that ended most of the pain.

Secondly, I started getting some massages here in Bali. The first one helped, so I did it again, etc. Now I get them about every other day - luckily, we only have to pay about $10 per hour. It has GREATLY reduced my back and neck pain as well as GREATLY increased my range of neck motion.

The reason I am posting is to encourage those with neck or back pain to consider repetitive, regular massages. Even if you have to pay lots more than I do, it's still much cheaper than drugs or (God forbid) surgery.
It's nice to have something simple work:yeahbaby:

- Bill

In case anyone is interested :happywave: here is an update on my neck pain from diving:

It's much reduced. I took advice from some here and simply limited the amount of time that I was horizontal with my head turned up. Just that ended most of the pain.

Secondly, I started getting some massages here in Bali. The first one helped, so I did it again, etc. Now I get them about every other day - luckily, we only have to pay about $10 per hour. It has GREATLY reduced my back and neck pain as well as GREATLY increased my range of neck motion.

The reason I am posting is to encourage those with neck or back pain to consider repetitive, regular massages. Even if you have to pay lots more than I do, it's still much cheaper than drugs or (God forbid) surgery.
It's nice to have something simple work:yeahbaby:

- Bill

Excellent news. Similarly, I have lower back pain. Diving (neutral in water), swimming, and massage contribute to my well-being. Diving and swimming always make a big difference for my screwed up lower back. Love the animations!

Bill, here is my style of diving. Just relax, while flying in the water column. Never have neck pain (knock on wood).

IMG_5082.JPG

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom