NEDU Study

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah, that too. :D Welcome to the United Nations of ScubaBoard. Disagreeing with the owner here is encouraged and adds to the fun.

especially while drinking your coffee while sitting at a park bench in Peacock :p

you coming up to the CDS winter conference next weekend btw?

you coming up to the CDS winter conference next weekend btw?
I am hoping to be there. Might even get some diving in. :D

This exact argument has been done to death on both rebreatherworld and thedecostop forums. A short search on either of those forums will bring up over 50 pages of discussion including input from some of the world's most respected decompression scientists

I looked at these threads, but the information is buried in a lot of back-and-forth there, and I might have missed something. Would you mind summarizing the HOW the argument has been refuted, in a few sentences?

In the NEDU study (the 2nd, theoretical part of it), decompression stress is calculated based on "comparing changing gas pressures and development of gas supersaturation in
modeled tissue compartments" - a dissolved gas model. Unsurprisingly, the deco schedules based on a dissolved gas model do better.

I have read too many scientific papers not to pick up that case of somewhat circular reasoning.

Neal Pollock presented some fascinating work they have been doing at the inner space event at a NOAA / AAUS rebreather diving forum I attended last week. Hopefully this will find its way into the literature at some point soon.

That would be very interesting to read!

I looked at these threads, but the information is buried in a lot of back-and-forth there, and I might have missed something. Would you mind summarizing the HOW the argument has been refuted, in a few sentences?

I followed the recent thread on TDS with much interest, but in no way do I profess to be knowledgeable enough on the topic to comment, let alone summarise.

So y'all saying that the 130 pages we have had here are irrelevant? Deep Stops Increases DCS

I don't recall reading a lot more about it on RBW...
I agree. I thought that thread covered things pretty thoroughly. It was very convincing to me.

Was this an actual attempt to discuss or just a way to link to your blog? The 130+ pages from the thread on scubaboard patoux01 linked beats this topic to death. Very informative thread.

Was this an actual attempt to discuss or just a way to link to your blog? The 130+ pages from the thread on scubaboard patoux01 linked beats this topic to death. Very informative thread.

An attempt to discuss. I admit to not having read every single blog post on it.... in these long threads the information is sometimes quite buried between memes, jokes and questions about computer settings, don't you think so? I'd be still curious to read arguments countering mine. How is testing a deco schedule made with one model based on a calculated measure from the same model not circular? How is an experimental study with heavy (possibly aerobic) exercise at depth comparable to civilian tech diving? I'm genuinely curious and hope to learn something.

This has been beaten to death here on SB, over on CCR Explorers, on Rebreather World, on The Deco Stop, and IIRC an English site (The Dive Forum?), and who knows where else.

@klausi , If you truly wanted to learn about it there have been multiple avenues available to find your answers with minimal effort to locate them. It would have been prudent to research the subject before blogging about it. It gives the appearance that your real purpose may only be that want to promote your blog. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom