Need a dive buddy for one day

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

setuck3

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
First off IÃÎ new to diving and to scuba board so I donÃÕ know if this is the right way to approach this question. But anyways, I am from Kentucky and I will be in central Florida this weekend, I want to dive on Monday the 12th but I donÃÕ have a dive buddy nor do I have any idea of where to dive in the region. I will be in Leesburg. I am open to almost any type of diving. Could some one point me in the right direction?

First off IÃÎ new to diving and to scuba board so I donÃÕ know if this is the right way to approach this question. But anyways, I am from Kentucky and I will be in central Florida this weekend, I want to dive on Monday the 12th but I donÃÕ have a dive buddy nor do I have any idea of where to dive in the region. I will be in Leesburg. I am open to almost any type of diving. Could some one point me in the right direction?

There is also Alexander Springs, which is close to Leesburg. The there is Crystal River area which isn't that far either. Birds Underwater runs dives. There are some other dives shops in Crystal River. They run snorkel trips with the manatees this time of year. One dive that I always enjoy is Rainbow River drift dive. As a new diver I would not recommend Paradise Springs. It is basically a hole in the ground that goes down over 110 ft and can have poor visibility.

I am not available Monday as I have come down with a bad cold and that is not good for diving. I am very close to Leesburg in Lady Lake. Have fun.

Dave

If you dont find a dive buddy you can dive Alexander springs. They allow solo divers.
Its a whopping 25 feet deep :(

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom