Need a dive buddy this weekend at ginnie springs!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

joe10540

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Help! My dive buddy has had to cancel on me and I need someone to dive with. Just got my new BC (Hollis SMS 100.) and need to play with it and figure out my trim and tank placement. Is anyone available to help a guy out and just putz around?

Visibility. I've never had any kind of viz there and if I'm putzing around I'd like to at least see what I'm doing. But I wouldn't be opposed if someone wanted to meet there. I'd just need some help getting situated before dropping below the crap layer

Joe, there will be a group of 50 or more of us coming from scubaboard for the weekend. Tell the guys at the front you're with scubaboard and get the 10% discount! A number of attendees are cave divers, although I am not. I'd be glad to mess around in the ballroom cavern or outside of it if you like. I'm not planning to bring my sidemount rig (nomad xt) this trip. Too much trouble, and I've got some other new stuff to play with.

We're at the "turkey roost" group campsite. Details: ScubaBoard's 2017 Fool's Spring Megadive

Diverite is coming, and they're supposed to be bringing some gear to demo. I forget what, if they even said. Kind of hoping to mess with the Nomad LS at some point.

That is awesome! I am not cave certified yet so that is not an issue. I actually got the new BC so that I can take My cave course this summer in my own gear instead of borrowed or rented equipment. @kelemvor maybe you can take a few minutes and help me get everything set up since I just took it out of the bag today and I know its going to need some adjusting.

Joe, I just opened my SMS100 a couple of weekends ago. Love it, but you're correct, there is a lot of pre-adjusting to make it "yours". Looks like my buddy and I will coming down Ginnie Springs area this summer (we're near Houston)...don't mess with the viz 8) You're gonna love the SMS, really nice.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom