Need advice for unlimited air and truck - May trip!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rydog

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi all,
We have officially booked our air travel to Bonaire Apr 30-May 8 and really excited. Any hints, tips, suggested dive sites or restaurants? We are leaning towards a villa with a kitchen close to town but I am sure will be eating out a few times.

I am looking into places that offer unlimited air/nitrox and have a couple names, am I missing anyone? Good/bad experiences? Things to think about?
Buddy Dive
Wanna Dive
Dive Friends
Carib Inn
Bonaire dive and adventure

We are also looking for a 4door truck for the week as well. Any recommendations there?

Thanks in advance and if you are going to be on island the same time let me know!

There are several good threads with tips on all you have asked for. I can personally give a thumbs up to Wanna Dive. They have a package with Windsock apts that we really liked.

Like pa diver said, there are a lot of good threads here where you can find very helpful tips for what you're looking for. Everyone has there favorites so you might have a tough decision to make but what ever you do decide there are not many bad spots on Bonaire. Also try Bonaire Talk - The place to discuss everything and anything about Bonaire!. There is a ton of information there also.

You will have a fantastic time.

Only 9 days left for me. CAN'T WAIT!!

I have used both Wannadive and Buddy. Both are good operations and you will be happy with either. Of the 2, I would use Wannadive because they have several locations that you can pick up and drop off tanks.
Of the other ones on the list I would suggest you not use BD&A. Their tank access hours are limited and they have only one place to pick up tanks.

Another :thumbs_up: for WannaDive. Multiple locations, open 24/7, drive up (not wait in line at drive thru) and free Nitrox. What's not to love? :D

rydog..my general advice is to pick a dive op based upon where you are staying. Generally speaking they're all good. Because of where I stay, we use Buddy Dive @ Belmar. Great operation plus free nitrox. Never had any problems. Enjoy your trip..
And by the way, only 7 days for us before we return to our favorite island in the sun!:D

Lots of good advice above about dive shops and truck renta. My #1 recommendation for restaurants is Casablanca, followed by Unbelievables, but all that I've been to were good. Most dive sites are good, a few I'd list are Hilma Hooker, Something Special, Bloodlet, and Margate Bay. Get a copy of Bonaire Shore Diving Made Easy when you arrive or follow this link and print:

Bonaire / Dive Sites

Enjoy your trip, I've got 7 long months before I get back to Bonaire.

These are the guys I use when I go to Bonaire.

Bonaire - Bonaire Travel and Bonaire Information : Bonaire Pros

Andy is top notch and they run a smooth operation. I have sent several folks to them and everyone has been happy at the service they provide. They offer all types of places to stay in several price ranges. Even if you don't use them their website is really good.

Just came back Saturday. I stayed at the Belmar which is associated with Buddy's, but very different. 22 suites (recently upgraded with a great kitchen), all facing the ocean. They offer the unlimited air/nitrox and provide rental vehicles on site (from Buddy's). They are about 2 miles south of the airport and do not have a restaurant or bar and you will need to drive to do anything. we had friends staying at Buddy's and bought a breakfast package from them for the week.

I've never had a bad meal on Bonaire. If you like Italian, Donna & Gorgio's -- get the Lasagna. Casablanca, Capricio, Unbelieveable, It Rains Fishes, and Richards are all good. For lunch downtown, try Bonjour and AppEtite.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom