Need advice on a budget dive outside Caribbean and Hawaii!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I did my trip to Socorro on the Solmar V. The boat is beautiful! It has mahogany woodwork with frosted glass trim and brass fittings. The cabins, however redefine the word "tiny". Storage space is limited to a couple cubby holes along the side of your bunk and the main part of the cabin is so small that only one person can stand up at a time. The shower is combined with the head so you have to straddle the head to take a shower.

Like I said, it is a gorgeous boat, but be aware of its limitations.

I'd heard the Solmar V rooms were tiny... The room on Socorro Aggressor were big and spacious, but the electrical issues will keep me from rebooking.

I had visited Madras once many many yrs ago and it was really interesting.
If you want to combine a trip to Madras with a diving excursion then SE Asia is an logical choice.

Round trip fare from JFK to MNL(non-stop) by PAL(Philippines Airlines) in Feb 2020 is about US$840.00.

Good luck.
Glad you said madras and not Chennai.
Usually flights from America to Asia cheaper when schools are open.... can i assume that for PAL and eva too? Ie NY airports to Manila?

LOL. Maybe you should be more careful with what you post! :)
I'm glad you took it that way, I forgot the smiley. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom