Need advice on crotch strap positioning

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah, if you're jerry-rigging it, then the notion of an "official way" to use the crotch strap is pretty much out the window, haha. Sounds like what you have works for you, so that's great. By the way, in your last post, you mentioned that trimming it down might make it harder to put it all together. I have mine trimmed with to too much excess. I like to get my waistband partially cinched up, then reach a hand down, then do a little cooky-dance to get the strap to swing forward into my hand. The D-ring on the end gives it some momentum when swinging, so it works pretty well. And, bonus, is I get to practice my Elvis moves :cool:

I'm not here to evangelize for the BP/W setup, but my favorite thing about it is how modular it is. Adding, removing, and modifying components is cheap and easy, so tend to be less jerry-rigged. Something to think about next time you're shopping for a BCD.

I have mine trimmed with to too much excess. I like to get my waistband partially cinched up, then reach a hand down, then do a little cooky-dance to get the strap to swing forward into my hand. The D-ring on the end gives it some momentum when swinging, so it works pretty well. And, bonus, is I get to practice my Elvis moves :cool:

Hoping to be on a dive boat with you someday to witness those Elvis moves, LOL!! I like to attach mine when I'm sitting on the boat. I loosen my shoulder straps and then tighten it all up in the water.

I'm not here to evangelize for the BP/W setup, but my favorite thing about it is how modular it is. Adding, removing, and modifying components is cheap and easy, so tend to be less jerry-rigged. Something to think about next time you're shopping for a BCD.

Yup - this has crossed my mind several times. But I do love my Zena ... and probably won't make a change unless it becomes necessary.

I've never heard that rule. Care to elaborate as to why?
I believe it is teh amount of weight due to the dsry suit . an inadvertant sropping of he weight belt would leave you very buoyant. its under teh rig so it will snag on gh crotch strap and you dont loose 20+lbs of lead. a wet suit probably would not have that much lead to be concerned about.,

I run my crotch strap along my gig line and position my waist belt buckle to the right (essentially above my thigh).

It sometimes takes a second longer to get my long hose stowed but not enough to change my buckle to the center.

Back
Top Bottom