Need Advice - sinking a Canon Rebel Xsi

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ali.Q8

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello there,

I'v got a Canon EOS Rebel XSi with its standard 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 lens.

I would like to see what options available to use it underwater, Case, strobes.etc.
I am actually more interested in Macro shots so a recommendation with regards to choice of lens is also appreciated.

Ali

I'v been doing some research right after I posted..

A package that consists of the housing, ports, and lighting goes up to $3700 :confused::shocked2: WoW !

Ikelite. I lost my Canon 20D in 50 foot of water for 8 weeks. I found it on the bottom, no flooding, no problems with the strobes. Not sure if any other housing (except for the really expensive ones) could have done that.

Mike

Ikelite is great :)

Canon 60mm macro or Canon 100mm macro. Both are excellent. Have a look at the Sticky - linked in my signature - for lots of information on "which lens". It's the best place to start looking to help you decide what to start with.

As you've found, going uw with a dslr isn't cheap, it isn't always easy and it's a ton of stuff to drag around. But it's great fun :)

Thanks for your inputs Mark and Alcina, I agree on Ikelite , since I already have a housing made by them for my video cam. it looks and feels heavy duty and the highly accessible and visible o-ring is a big plus for me.

However, after looking around and checking prices of housings, ports and strobes I think deviate from my approach abit at least for the time being.

I'll most likely be going towards purchasing a rig for my Canon G10 instead. I'v seen some amazing results from my friends and Ikelite has a nice combination of housing, strobes for this camera.

Alcina, that link in your signature is so valuable (hope you don't mind I printed it) :)

Ali it's there for all to use, glad you found it helpful! Our members have been wonderful about sharing the information to go in the Sticky :)

The G10 is an excellent choice - you'll have a great time with it!

Back
Top Bottom