Need advise on Philippines diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dont forget to hire a local boat to take you and your family to some small island and ask to cook you lunch of your choice. Its a whole day event so bring a lot of sunscreen for the little one. Price varies due to demand. I stayed and dove at Scandi Divers before but not on LBC. Scandi is cheaper, staff and dive guide are awesome.

PC,

You're very welcome. I was at work and actually missed the fact that you have a toddler with you. As much as it is wonderful, it does make traveling a bit more complicated. Having the dive sites nearby are of course a big advantage, and as pointed out by others, PG is probably your best bet. I did enjoy the diving there a lot, excellent really, and it seems as if you don't stay Sabang (which I did) you find it more family-oriented. Enjoy your trip!

Thank you, very helpful!
Is there a reason you recommend Campbells over La Laguna for the stay? Since we dive with LBC, wouldn't it be easier to stay here also?
100% Oceanfront room!
No more than 100m from LBC.
Scandi Divers is two doors closer than LBC and cheaper but too many commie chinese using this place!!

Please check out Marco Vincent dive resort, we are based at White Beach, Puerto Galera. We are very close to the beach and we have a swimming pool at the resort where your son and mother in law can have some fun.
With regards to the diving around Puerto Galera there is some great wide angle dives as well as plenty of macro. We have a good selection of small wrecks as well. The water will be nice and warm in May. Make sure you plan a trip to Verde Island as well if you do head over this way.

My last dive trip in the PI was Palawan- Tubbataha specifically. Great diving! Of course, that's not the norm. If you do get to the island, Island Divers are great! Norm and his family will take care of you!

Would you recommend the Scandi hotel to leave a child during the day? Meaning there's enough to do or is it more like a divers only hotel?

Dont forget to hire a local boat to take you and your family to some small island and ask to cook you lunch of your choice. Its a whole day event so bring a lot of sunscreen for the little one. Price varies due to demand. I stayed and dove at Scandi Divers before but not on LBC. Scandi is cheaper, staff and dive guide are awesome.

Hi all!
Have anyone stayed or heard about Out of the Blue resort and Action Divers?
Would you recommend it if you have?
Is Small La Laguna Beach also family friendly and little away from Sabang?

Thanks again!

I have done Boracay and Coron but Marco Vincent dive resort diving around Puerto Galera , looks far more colorful and diverse

Hi all!
Have anyone stayed or heard about Out of the Blue resort and Action Divers?
Would you recommend it if you have?
Is Small La Laguna Beach also family friendly and little away from Sabang?

Thanks again!
1. Action Divers has been around ages!!!
2. Out of the Blue Resort is a relatively recent addition and the food is excellent.
3. No, the small beach is more or less only exist on low tide. Big La Laguna beach is a lot better, big enough for sun worshipper.

Back
Top Bottom