Need authentic local food in cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

eye-stalks
Oh my goodness, I had no idea conch even have those eyestalks, much less that people eat the eyes! So, last week since I was down there I went up to some conch, and sure enough, there were the eyestalks! But I waved a finger in front of one's eyes to see if it would follow my finger with its eyes, and it didn't. Was it stupid, or bored?

There's still The Pub? Thought I heard they moved, lost lease, or something like that...I was disappointed...:(
I understand they relocated to Villa Blanca. Thinking of getting a bicycle.
I understand their landlord, Earnesto's, is converting the previous location to an Air BNB, bootleg,hotel. This seems to be a common theme in the downtown area.

Need suggestions for authentic local food in cozumel please. I'm a spice fan and authentic food enthusiast.

I need suggestions in san miguel....in town.
Breakfast, lunch and dinner. I don't care about ambiance...

Thx

Then please don't miss La Choza AND El Moro

Both are local family owned and operated with delicious authentic Yucatecan food and Yucatecan Seafood dishes

Then please don't miss La Choza AND El Moro

Tried to hit El Moro last week before an afternoon boat trip, but it didn't open until 1:00 so we were out of luck. Next time.

They had to remove "Otates" from their sign due to a trademark complaint from a place on the peninsula.

Late to this reply, but their website hasn't changed the name. I was there in September 2018 and it wasn't changed as of then.

I was at the restaurant formerly known as Otates 3 weeks ago. Everyone still calls them Otates out of habit but they had to black out the name from their menu and sign. Even though they have been in business for a couple of decades on cozumel, there is a evidently a chain in Guadalajara that has been around since 1950 that is protecting the name. The Coz establishment evidently is choosing a new name (but is doing so on island time evidently). As far as I can tell, they will not be doing anything other than changing name on menu and sign.

All of that said, this place has good cheap Mexican food and a full bar on the property. Not that many places on island have both I highly recommend it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom