Need authentic local food in cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Damned pesky trademark protections enforcement :mad:
The 'Mcdonalds' ice cream stand disappeared as did the 'McFlurry' stand in Chedraui's parking lot.
Used to be like: ‘trademarks, we don’t recognize no stinking trademarks’

upload_2019-7-29_13-15-8.png

The 'Mcdonalds' ice cream stand disappeared as did the 'McFlurry' stand in Chedraui's parking lot.

Those were legitimate franchised McDonald's places, as were the McDonalds ice cream stand near Bodega Aurrera and the large McDonalds near Sams. All closed very abruptly not long ago, but this was not related to trademark issues.

their website hasn't changed the name

That's not really their website. Those webrestaurrantexperts sites just basically scrape Tripadvisor to make a generic site using photos posted on Tripadvisor. Owners can make some edits or changes, but in many cases they're not even aware of the existence of a site related to their business.

the restaurant formerly known as Otates

TRFKALO!

Everyone still calls them Otates out of habit

Well, I mean..., what else are they going to call it?

this place has good cheap Mexican food ... I highly recommend it.

Yep, and they're open on days and at times when many other places are closed.

That's not really their website. Those webrestaurrantexperts sites just basically scrape Tripadvisor to make a generic site using photos posted on Tripadvisor. Owners can make some edits or changes, but in many cases they're not even aware of the existence of a site related to their business.

TRFKALO!

Well, I mean..., what else are they going to call it?

Yep, and they're open on days and at times when many other places are closed.

Just came back from the restaurant formally known as Los Otates. If I heard correctly, the new name is Tacos Tales.

Such Tacos? I really hope not.

It is what the waiter said to me. But he was busy and I didn't want to keep him, so maybe I heard incorrectly.

They had great food at a place called 'Comida Para Estupidos Gringos'. Lots of local color, guitars, etc.

Just came from Perlita's for our first time there. Lion fish ceviche, fish tacos, and grilled lion fish. Great flavors. Good presentation. Nice atmosphere. The walk there and back is great.

Back
Top Bottom