Need Cenote Dive Recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey, I like the sound of that. Maybe I should make it my new username! :wink: I'm guessing "Buena suerte" means good evening or good night?

I'm pasting all these tips into a document so I don't forget anything. I love seeing unique things so I'll definitely try to get by and see Robert's Black Coral. Thanks for the tip!

Dee, thanks for reminding me about those maps. I accidently came across them while sufing the web awhile back but had forgotten about them. I think I will go order one now! :)

Maybe if I call Mike he'll have some gumbo waiting for us! LOL

- Beth

Actually, "buena suerte" means "good luck". Buenas noches, good evening; buenas tardes, good afternoon; and buenos dias, good morning or good day.

By tnis time, you will have figured out that buen, bueno, buena, buenos and buenas are all forms of the word "good" in Spanish--which is a way for me to say that there is a lot of good in Mexico!

Adios (goodbye)...

Joewr

You know I took Spanish years ago for a sememster (many years ago LOL) and I knew buenas noches was good night but I thought buena suerte must mean good evening, a bit different meaning than buenas noches, just like good evening and goodnight are different for us. Good evening is usually used as a greeting and goodnight as a goodbye.

So thanks for the "buena suerte" and especially for letting me know the meaning. I could just see me going around down there saying buena suerte to everyone, thinking I was wishing them a good evening. They'd think I was nuts! :loopy: LOL

De nada, Senora (You're welcome, Ma'am),

!Buen viaje! Favor de decir "hola" a Presidente Fox. (Have a good trip and please say "hello" to President Fox.)

Joewr

?Como estas, tengoquatrohijos?

I am just getting ready to hop into bed because we are off to the Pacific for diving and sunning. But I could not help myself and shot one more look at the Board and saw your question.

Vicente Fox is the President of Mexico--elected without benefit of chad, dimpled, hanging and otherwise mishandled!

One more thing about Mexican cuisine if I did not mention it--lime soup is a dish whose roots go back to prehistoric days of the Mayan culture. It actually is form of chicken soup and is, in my opinion, wonderful. Most Americans never try it because they can imagine eating a soup made of limes. Give it a try and let me know what you think. It is called sopa de limon in Spanish (pronounced, "soap ah day lee moan". Now, those are really fracture phonetics!)

Well, off to bed...Vaya con Dios (Go with God--a nice old fashioned way to say "goodbye" in Spanish).

Joewr

Originally posted by joewr
?Como estas, tengoquatrohijos?
Bien, Joe, bien, gracias! ?et tu?

Well, I guess you won't get this message for awhile. I hope you had a wonderful time in the Pacific (it's a big place, where exactly did you go? LOL).

If I see him I will be sure and tell Presidente Vincent Fox "hola" for you. I'll even give him a hug if you want! :wink:

Let us know how your trip went.

Tu amiga nueva, tengoquatrohijos

PS: I'll be sure and try the soup! :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom