Need cheap point and shoot

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jrl5549

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I had an Intova the 1st one they came out with. It is not taking pictures. I know it is a crappy camera. I like the cheap simple point and shoot. Also I like the price. I do not mind buying them every few years. I used to own lots of Nikon gear. I got out of Photography. But I like to take snaps and a wet camera is nice.
Anyone have some simple inexpensive like 100$ ish camera?
P.S. of course i did not dig out my camera until Saturday and I am going to Belieze Friday so I am in a hurry.
Thank you

Does it go deeper than 50ft?

Does it go deeper than 50ft?

It's rated to 12m/40 ft. Below 60 it's risky.

Another option could be a gopro like action camera, an sjcam sj5000 or similar. However, as a photographer it's not offering many features or the image quality you'd likely like.

Otherwise your budget may restrict your options. For recreational depth cameras you'll need a housing and they aren't cheap even used.

I have an ActiveOn CX Gold $65 (I paid much more when it first came out) https://www.amazon.com/ACTIVEON-Gol...d=1501606459&sr=8-2&keywords=activeon+cx+gold

It's an amazing camera. All GoPro accessories will fit - except for filters. No problem there. The ActiveOn is wider than the Gopro. I just bought these filters $7 https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01A6QFNB8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 and machined out (removed) one side of the pressure fit box. Fits perfectly. Take a look at the second image down to see the back.

It does video at 1080p 60 frames per second and 16 MP stills. Can't go wrong.

If you want some tips on which accessories work best (easiest to use underwater for day and night diving) let me know.

That does look like what I need. It takes pictures not just video?
I could not tell by looking.

I bought a SeaLife mini II. It is not working. I have sent it back one time. Seems to be having the same problem. Found a DC1000 used. Are SeaLife cameras normally good? Does the Mini II just have problems? it was just under 200$ and it is all the camera I am looking for. Does anyone have other ideas?

I use a Canon s110 with a Canon underwater housing rated to 40 meters/130 feet. I see S100s and s110s with the housing listed on ebay for $100 or less and they are great if you just want snap shot quality. You might look on Craig's list for something like that.

Nikon Coolpix W300 rugged compact shoots 4K, costs $390

Or a sealife micro any thoughts these 2 camers.

I have decided 400 really is a minimum to get a camera that will not just break

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom