http://www.diveheart.org/

Need help about certification....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Matt the Aquaman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I was putting this question out there to the HSA instructors... do all your handicapped divers have to be certified before they do a dive? I was thinking about doing a dive in an aquarium for my fundraiser, but they say I need to be certified first.

I don't have a C-Card, but I think since I have passed the online SDI course, and have been diving in a pool with an instructor and other dive friend, they could be able to waive that. In the aquarium I planned to have 3 dive instructors with me.

Let me know what you think.

Thanks!
Matt

I'm not an HSA instructor but this sounds like an insurance issue for the aquarium. It's still confined water so it should be able to count as a training session but if the aquarium isn't insured for stuff like that they may not be able to waive the certification requirement.
Just my .02
Ber :lilbunny:

Hi Ber,

Thats exactly what it is, a liability issue. We'll see if I can get around it, if not, I'm still determined to have a great time at the fundraiser.

Matt

If you're with HSA instructors I wonder if their insurance would cover the liability.
Ber :lilbunny:

I'll check into it... Dive Heart may be getting more involved now.

Matt

Back
Top Bottom