Need help choosing a technical diving instructor (Egypt)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Youssef ElNahas

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello!

I'm planning on starting my technical diving journey this summer. I'd rather stick to one instructor then bounce around so I was wondering if anyone can recommend a Tec instructor in Egypt?

I've also done some research/spoken to some people on my own but I can't really decide. I'd greatly appreciate it if I could privately message someone with experience in Tec who could help me reach a decision (I'd rather not publicly mention names, etc...)

Thanks =)

I have no problem mentioning who I decided to go for or my experience with them after I'm done. However, I have some concerns after speaking to certain people but it mostly has to do with attitude and wouldn't necessarily translate to ability diving/instructing.

I've done most of my diving in Dahab and have narrowed it down to Scuba Seekers (Sameh Sokar), Tek Tribe (Tarek Omar) or Team Blue Immersion. H2O Divers as well (they were responsible for planning Ahmed Gabr's world record dive) but for some reason people have advised me to stick to one of the other three.

I don't mind travelling elsewhere in Egypt but Dahab seems to be the hub for Tec diving here

So far, Team Blue Immersion seems to be the most professional and "have it together" compared with the rest of the places you mentioned.

I dived with Jamie from H2o and he was very good, very professional. I did some recreational dives before doing some tek dives, and I went with Club- red and they sucked. But it was not the tek part of the dive shop. I actually tried to talk to Tarek Omar for a few days to organize some tek dives and could never get hold of him. Just my experience.

If you are diving in Dahab, Team Blue Immersion is a very experienced and well established diving school. One thing to consider is that they embrace the "DIR" approach to technical diving. I have never dived with them so I don't know how strict or flexible they are with adopting alternate approaches. If this suits you then they would be an excellent choice.

I can also recommend Andy Aukland at PURE/Red Sea Diving College in Sharm Al Sheikh. He was my Trimix and Advanced wreck instructor. A great guy and really knows his stuff.

Good luck with your search and your diving !

I know that this thread is a few years old, but I just came across this video and after watching it I would certainly avoid using Ted Tribe in Dahab if the below video is to be believed.

The video was recently reviewed by Woody and Gus of Dive Talk two days ago

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom