Need Help Finding A SS Waist Buckle (SS= Stainless Steel)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

One issue worth noting with this style buckle...and why I’m assuming it isn’t popular in scuba diving circles...is that it requires a fair amount of dexterity to operate the buckle. If you have to get out of it in a hurry (ex. Weight belt or BP/W belt), you may run into issues.
So I actually met someone with the belt a couple of days ago and it was super easy for him to tighten. Any time underwater he wanted to tighten again it was just a pull not like the buckle.

Andrew Goering from Sump UK makes it. Last time he had them I ordered like 5 of them and have them on my BPW's and sidemount rigs. SUMP UK
So I got into contact with him and his words where "I never made them just used it for diving." He said it's been over 4years since he has used them and he couldn't remember what they where called.

Deleted. Joke that no longer makes sense since mods changed the thread title.

So I actually met someone with the belt a couple of days ago and it was super easy for him to tighten. Any time underwater he wanted to tighten again it was just a pull not like the buckle.

It’s very easy to tighten. My question for that person would be “how easy is it to loosen and remove that belt/buckle with one hand?

I wear one on the reg. I like them. Just not something that I’d want to dive with.
3A334C3C-DB84-448C-A8AD-CD3DC36C6145.jpeg

It’s very easy to tighten. My question for that person would be “how easy is it to loosen and remove that belt/buckle with one hand?

I wear one on the reg. I like them. Just not something that I’d want to dive with.
View attachment 618395
With how hard the webbing is on the Xdeep waist I have a feeling that it should be easy. With that being said know someone people in this thread are probably thinking to themself “that’s so stupid go with a regular waist buckle what if someone needs to rescue you.” My reply to that is if you took the rescue course you should know the very first part of rescuing someone is the predive safety check. Back to the topic... according to the guy I met he said they are very easy and it’s just simply pushing it the opposite way. My understanding is that it’s sleek and simple. I will keep this forum updated if I find someone who can manufacture or intends to start selling the product.

Update: I have ordered a Divesoft QRF with an adjustable strap. The adjustable strap looks similar to the ones posted previously in the post but, it is also coming with a kobra buckle. Which is the easiest buckle to put on and off if you have ever used one. Divesoft QRF Quick Release Buckle

My reply to that is if you took the rescue course you should know the very first part of rescuing someone is the predive safety check.

What does that have to do with a diver's ability to get your rig off of you in the water, when you're unresponsive?

According to what is shown at that link, you have to press both sides of the active part a the same time, to get it to release. Maybe it would be easy enough for you to do for yourself. But, that looks more complicated for someone else to do in an emergency. In my book "more complicated" is not good - especially if it doesn't offer any solid advantage over a simpler way. So, what advantage do you see in the QRF buckle over a "standard" scuba waist belt buckle?

I have the XS Scuba Clear-Path buckle on all my rigs. Been using them for several years. I think they are the Bee's Knees. Not shiny. Lightweight. Strong. Don't make loud clanking noises when I'm moving my rig around.

XS Scuba Clear-Path Buckle

What does that have to do with a diver's ability to get your rig off of you in the water, when you're unresponsive?

According to what is shown at that link, you have to press both sides of the active part a the same time, to get it to release. Maybe it would be easy enough for you to do for yourself. But, that looks more complicated for someone else to do in an emergency. In my book "more complicated" is not good - especially if it doesn't offer any solid advantage over a simpler way. So, what advantage do you see in the QRF buckle over a "standard" scuba waist belt buckle?

I have the XS Scuba Clear-Path buckle on all my rigs. Been using them for several years. I think they are the Bee's Knees. Not shiny. Lightweight. Strong. Don't make loud clanking noises when I'm moving my rig around.

XS Scuba Clear-Path Buckle

The buckle doesn’t make noise on when I’m diving. No piece of equipment should unless it’s designed to make equipment. I actually hate the standard buckle for diving. I think it’s obsolete and is just a pain. With that being said like how I said in my previous reply stating about the predive safety check and how this should be the first thing you’re instructor goes over with you in the rescue course. Showing you how important it is to being successful in a rescue and how in a rescue even 5 seconds can mean the difference between a short term and long term disability or even death. Predive safety check Bcd Weights Releases Air Final. The belt buckle goes into releases and I believe pinching 2 pieces of metal for an instant release compared to opening a latch and than pulling on one side to remove the whole webbing from the buckle is a safer bet in my book.

Deleted. Joke that no longer makes sense since mods changed the thread title.
Oh no that was me lol, when I posted this I was really out of it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom