Need help finding Child size gear!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kian

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi everyone! My 10-year-old daughter is looking forward to starting her junior open water in December this year. She is a size 13 child and sometimes a youth size 1 foot. I'm having trouble finding a Coldwater boot and fins that will fit her. Any suggestions or ideas? Thank you in advance for your help.

Some of the Cressi's (Frog/Reaction) are available XS. They may be too big though. I used to buy them for a school program and those kids were 6-8th graders.

What about something like this - they're "long" snorkel fins. But available down to 3XSmall with adjustable foot pockets for growth. Not sure how they'll work with a hard boot though as the fin pocket seems to be designed to give.

Cressi Palau Long Adjustable Fins (LAF) at LeisurePro

Capture.JPG

Last edited:
This is a little off subject but you also might want to look into a smaller tank. Something in the 30 to 40 cu/ft range.

Thanks for the recommendations! I will look at those fins.

@Rich the dive shop I am going through has her weight and measurements to outfit her with rental gear. THey are all set up with the right size tank, wetsuit and 2nd stage mouth piece. Last piece of the puzzle is boots and fins!

What about a neoprene sock and pair of high top Converse Chuck Taylors? They really make great dive boots and would make up some room in the fins.

go with what CP said, much better decision to do that. People use the Chucks as drysuit overboots regularly.

http://www.amazon.com/NeoSport-Wets...&qid=1414629839&sr=8-1&keywords=neoprene+sock
those are the socks, they're in 2mm but they go up to 5mm, that's what I use for my wetsuit booties. Then with the 5mm socks and chucks it will make it a bit easier to get into a normal sized fin. The length isn't as much of an issue as the width and height...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom