Need help sourcing a battery for my Luna sending unit....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mitchell Teeters

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My NEW luna sending unit gave me a low battery signal out of the gate. Anybody know a cheap source for the cr2/3 battery? Sadly the cr2 battery is too short. TIA

M

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Scubapro has changed the battery on the sending unit, yet hasn't changed the book. It is now a cr2/3aa.

Thanks, not what I need. They list it as a replacement for a cr123a and the cr123 is bigger. I have found many confuse this battery with the cr2 and cr123 on the search string.

I am aware that one thing is a CR2/3, 3V battery (equivalent to CR123) and another is a CR2, 3V battery. On your first post you said you needed a "cr2/3 battery", suggesting, to my mind at least, it was a CR2/3, 3V battery. That´s why I suggested the latter internet place. Now I understand that you ment a CR2, 3V battery. If that is the case, you an get a CR2, 3V battery for around 8 bucks in www.batterybob.com .

Seriously? I appreciate your help, but please read the OP. I CANNOT USE THE CR2 battery. THE CR123 doesn't work, too large and too much voltage. Face/palm
Cr2 too small
Cr123 too large, too much voltage
Cr2/3aa just right.

---------- Post added December 2nd, 2012 at 09:32 AM ----------

Arturo, thanks tho for looking. I see you are south of me and there is probably some breakdown in the language.

I looked to see if could use the Duracell, the dimensions are off.

Only thing I could find. Sorry this is where I buy all of my batteries.
TITANIUM CR2 3V LITHIUM BATTERY

If it's showing low battery right out of the box demand that ScubaPro replace it or buy the computer and transmitter back. Try posting this in the ScubaPro forum as well. Aside from likely telling you to take it back to the dealer they might have an answer.

Ya they want me to send the whole thing back. You know I'm a cheap bastard and I paid more for this than the TOTAL value of all my other kit. I'm a little miffed to say the least. Now with all this said I dove it yesterday in 50* water. It worked fine. I'm wanting to buy a backup because I don't have much faith in the unit at this point. I'll be diving a backup SPG for the duration.

I wouldn't call you "cheap" cuz. Wisely frugal is a much nicer term :=). But the thing with transmitters and two batteries is why I never even considered one when it came time to upgrade computers. The Shearwater Predator was a no brainer for me after getting the chance to play with one at last years Scubafest. Easy to find batteries and replace them. And only one to worry about. I just upgraded the firmware in it last week. Took all of ten minutes and did it via the bluetooth connection it has to my laptop.

If you're looking for a back up consider a bottom timer like the DGO2. I use an OMS bottom timer and can also use my veo 200 in gauge mode or dive computer mode. You can find something like one of these for under 200 bucks used. Perfect for us "frugal" divers.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Back
Top Bottom