Need help with Gloves for Spearfishing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Melanie White

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I'm getting my extra gear I need for our spearfishing trip next month
I was hoping someone could help
I need gloves and want good ones for spearfishing
But I measure my hand its xsmall its smaller than size small
Most manufacturers don't make a xsmall so should I order a small and hope it stays on
Any suggestions
Thanks

Try thin generic mechanics gloves from Lowe’s? My daughter has small hands and found a women’s pair that fit her. Cheap too.

You being a 'Speara' know that everything in the water has needle like teeth, needle fins and those gills will shred neoprene gloves in a heart beat. If you don't need warm water insulation, then you'll need 'needle' protection because who wants to go home with a hand infection.

We use Hex Armor 9016 which are hospital trash gloves that have level 5 protection against hypodermic needles that can't stab thru the palms. They have a nitrile coating for really good grip, but not so much to snag, just the right amount. I takes just one dive to make the palm soft and then it's easy and soft to make a grip. I grab alot of lobster and lionfish and my gloves last about 150 dives and then I change them out because the rubber coating starts to wear thin and the gloves are cheap to replace. You can find them all over the internet for sale at different prices but recently I used US Safety & Supply at $20 / pair. Here's the link with instructions how to measure your palm width so you get the perfect size.

HexArmor 9016 9000 Series L5 Cut and Abrasion Resistant Gloves

Most of the people I dive with use those cheap “Mechanix” gloves... I prefer my Cressi 3mm. I’ve never had any problems with them and they’ve lasted hundreds of dives both spearing and regular scuba without any sign of deterioration.

Plus, apparently now they’re like 20 bucks.

https://www.lostwinds.com/products/cressi-ultranspan-gloves

Attachments

• 237CC44A-03F6-4A80-8F15-E7CC2C6368F5.png
    237CC44A-03F6-4A80-8F15-E7CC2C6368F5.png
    339.6 KB · Views: 103
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom