Need help with trip planning: Banyan Tree Mayakoba, Mexico

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi everyone -
New here so have patience with the newbie :)
I am going to stay at the Banyan Tree Mayakoba in Mexico (south of Cancun, North of Tululum) later this month. I have been certified for 16 years. I have always tried to stay away from the cattle car, discover scuba boats that leave from the hotels. However, I have never been to this area of Mexico so I am nervous because I have no recos on dive operators. I NEED YOUR HELP!
The operator the hotel recommends (cringe, I know) is Dive Mayakoba but the reviews I have seen is that it is a bare bones boat with no shade and FULL of resort certified beginners and I want something more...better boat, more experienced divers etc. I don't want to hang at 25 feet the whole time, you know? (my apologies to any beginners)
We also wanted to go to Cozumel while we are there for the drift dives but the hotel is trying to talk us out of that -- they said it is 2.5 hours away which seems unlikely...and I LOVED Cozumel last time I was there!

So for those of you that have stayed South of Cancun in Riviera Maya, who did you use? Please help!
Heather

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom