Need honeymoon help! Maldives or Tahiti or somewhere else?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Never been to Tahiti. Been to Maldives & stayed at a "budget" little resort in the North Male Atoll & loved every minute (although the resort doesn't have over the water bungalows). June should be low season in Maldives, u will should be able to get a nice over the water bungalow for a reasonable price & echoing Mantajohn each island only has 1 resort, u might get the beach &a large beautiful turqoise lagoon to yourselves... The exclusive feeling is priceless... Happy honeymoon! (wherever u decide to go)

Thanks for the responses everyone. We decided on the Maldives and I hope it will be great! I'll post a trip report after the trip. I'll definitely use all this other advice, though, as we're planning to go to Indonesia, the Phillippeans, or Fiji sometime in 2011.

would highly recommend Four Seasons Kuda Hura North Male atoll, Maldives. First class- great diving. a live aboard for 3 day trips is also available. go for it!

We were planning on going to that hotel and also doing the 3 day liveaboard but the liveaboard is not operating for the two weeks that we'll be there. So disappointing!

you have a great problem. I would highly recommend 4 Seasons Kuda Hura North male atoll , Maldives. They also have a live aboard you can do for 3 days stints. Then gangga island just of manado on North Sulawesi, Indonesia. Both are great places and wonderful diving. More big stuff available in Maldives unless you go to colder water more current Lembeh Straights which is accessible from gangga Island. If you are a photo bug- get one of the stainless steel "pointers" at gangga- only way to get still enough for good shots of small critters.

great choice. From Jersey its a long ride.

Attachments

• IMG_1292.jpg
    IMG_1292.jpg
    229.2 KB · Views: 297
Thanks for the responses everyone. We decided on the Maldives and I hope it will be great! I'll post a trip report after the trip. I'll definitely use all this other advice, though, as we're planning to go to Indonesia, the Phillippeans, or Fiji sometime in 2011.

Hi! I have been to the Maldives last Nov and enjoyed every single moment. Got in 9 dives in 4 days. Stayed at the Hilton Iru Fushi (the whole atoll is occupied by the hilton), paid $258 plux tax for an over water bungalow. We went in Nov which I think was a slow month, otherwise it would have cost us over $600/night for this accommodation. The hilton has a huge house dive center, well equipped plus they have their own dive boat. DMs and instructors are very professional and nice. just go to the website of hilton and check out their rates coz they may have specials going on. i got that rate coz i prepaid the whole stay and it was a last minute trip.

best itinerary to go is fly into kuala lumpur (malaysia), malaysian airlines flies direct to Male (maldives) the main island, it's a 4.5 hr flight from KL. other airlines has a stop over in colombo, sri lanka. but you have to spend 1 night in Male since the flight is an evening flight then catch a seaplane first thing in the morning. on the way back no need to spend a night in male because flight leaves at night. if you book at the hilton they will facilitate your transfer to and from the airport.

Two weeks in the maldives? That's a long time in my honest opinion. here's what i could suggest...if you're flying into KL for the maldives, sipadan is right there in malaysia. 1 week in maldives, 1 week in sipadan. hitting 2 birds with one stone.

someone suggested KAPALAI RESORT, i have never been here but i have my sights to go to sipadan in july and stay here at this resort, very good reviews from tripadvisor.com. you fly into kota kinabalu from KL, and catch another plane to TAWAU. depending on your flight sched, you will have to spend a night in TAWAU and coming back too.

I second for misool resort raja ampat. never been there as I can't afford but my friend told me this place is an heaven.
If money is not issue you can also consider amanwana at moyo island Amanwana - Luxury beach resort Moyo Island - homewith their lob amanikan. princess Diana favorite place to hide away;
never been there too; i can only dream to stay there. Their Komodo expedition package will cost you USD 22,300 :D for 5 night LOB + 2 night at their ocean tent - excl. tax and service.

More affordable is Mimpi resort Mimpi Butique, Dive Center & Spas l Bali l Indonesiain Tulamben or menjangan. I love to dip at their natural hot spring water in Menjangan resort after diving.
Two weeks is not too much for diving in bali but the bali top site is even better.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom