Need Hotel Suggestions For San Francisco Near Airport/BART

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oldbear

Teaching Neutral Diving
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
SBers,

I a couple of weeks the GF & I will have a half day layover in San Francisco on our way home. We would like any suggestions for a hotel near the airport and close to BART for some sightseeing. Right now I only know of the Marriott and the Wesin...but I do not knopw anything about them or how to get to them from the airport other than a taxi.

Any help or suggestions is greatly appreciated.

Thanks...in advance.

~Oldbear~

As frequent visitor to the bay area, I use Uber or Lyft to get around - about 1/2 the cost of a taxi or less and a better experience. I've stayed at the SF Airport Westin - it's pretty nice and sometimes they run aggressive pricing considering their quality. Lot's of other options - I usually search on Orbitz near SFO Airport to see who has the best price.

Most of the airport hotels will run a shuttle to/from the airport and often to Millbrae BART as well (note there is a BART station at the airport - so worst case just get a shuttle to the International Terminal and walk over - if you can get them to take you to Millbrae station, then you have a slightly faster ride into SF). Call the hotel before making reservations to confirm they run shuttles. An Uber or Lyft to BART might only run $10 - 15 though - so if you want to maximize your touring time you might want to skip the shuttle. Restaurant options around the airport aren't great - so enjoy dinner in SF instead before you head back to the hotel for the night.

If you're not familiar with SF, your best bet is to get off at Powell St station which is at the start of the Powell St Cable Car line. As you exit BART on the north side of Market St, there is a Kiosk where you can purchase an all-day Muni pass that's good on all the Cable Cars, Street Cars, Buses, .... for about the cost of 2 single rides on the cable cars. Well worth it in my opinion. The Powell to Fisherman's Wharf cable car ride is the most scenic and iconic. Cable car lines get progressively longer as the day goes on - you can hope on along the route if they have room - a short walk can save an hour wait in many cases.

Thanks for the great tips....very much appreciated.

Thanks...

Back
Top Bottom