Need instructor to work on buoyancy and trim

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@Rabbitson we make buoyancy and trim a fundamental part of the OW class. Our students achieve neutral buoyancy and good trim in their first pool session.

So my advice to you is come on down to Florida's Treasure Coast and visit with the largest dive operation in the US. We run the SDI, PADI, and NAUI Advanced Buoyancy class for people just like you! Plus you get to enjoy some Florida weather :)
www.scubainstructorpaulseldes.com

Do it right, do it once...go to Florida and see the Chairman:thumb:
Damn! Thanks for the accolades! I'm in North Florida where the springs are a constant 70F year around and there are no waves. It's my belief that perfect trim and buoyancy are the primary skills you should master in your OW class. Come for the trim, finish your OW at the same time.

Or, simply find a NASE instructor close by. We don't believe you should kneel for any agency.

I'm taking a Core Principles class at the Scuba Snack in Rocky Hill CT because I heard good things about it. It would be a bit of a drive for you, though. Still, might be worth checking out.

I'm taking a Core Principles class at the Scuba Snack in Rocky Hill CT because I heard good things about it. It would be a bit of a drive for you, though. Still, might be worth checking out.

Is my friend Ed Hayes teaching that?

Rabbitson,

Is there a pool nearby where you can snorkel in its deep end, under the watchful eye of a lifeguard? If so, then wearing only mask, fins, snorkel, weight belt, and light exposure wear (e.g. 2 mil neoprene jumpsuit), you can practice your buoyancy, on your own, inexpensively, without the "distraction" of a BC, cylinder, regulator, and gauges.

Safe Diving,

rx7diver

Is there a bed where you can lay down outside the watchful eyes of everyone? If so then no need to wear any mask, snorkel, weight belt or exposure gear of any kind. You can practice your buoyancy on your own without the "distraction" of water, BC, cylinder, regulator and gauges!

Safe diving!

This place continues to get more and more amazing.

Is there a bed where you can lay down outside the watchful eyes of everyone? If so then no need to wear any mask, snorkel, weight belt or exposure gear of any kind. You can practice your buoyancy on your own without the "distraction" of water, BC, cylinder, regulator and gauges!

Safe diving!

This place continues to get more and more amazing.

CAPTAIN SINBAD,

I am not sure what your post, which was made with respect to mine, actually means.

I, and a lot of divers I know, spent a lot of time diving in the deep end of a public (university) swimming pool, using only snorkeling gear (mask, fins, snorkel, and weight belt) before we actually strapped on scuba gear (cylinder, regulator and gauges, backpack then BC). Proper weight for being neutrally buoyant at depth, surface entries, surface dives, surface swimming, swimming at depth, etc--all before we strapped on scuba gear. When, finally, we strapped on our scuba, we simply needed to slightly adjust the weight on our weight belt, before concentrating on the business of learning the actual "scuba" part of scuba diving. This worked very well for us. I highly recommend this approach to people learning to scuba dive. I teach my own children (teenagers now) using this approach.

Does this additional explanation help you understand my post? Or, were you simply attempting to be funny with yours?

CAVEAT: I am not a scuba instructor.

Safe Diving,

rx7diver

Damn! Thanks for the accolades! I'm in North Florida where the springs are a constant 70F year around and there are no waves. It's my belief that perfect trim and buoyancy are the primary skills you should master in your OW class. Come for the trim, finish your OW at the same time.

Or, simply find a NASE instructor close by. We don't believe you should kneel for any agency.

I spent 4 days with "The Chairman" Pete a couple of years ago. It was absolutely the best training I have ever received. If there is anyway you can go to Key Largo and train with "The Chairman" it will be a great experience and you will learn. I am 74 years old and started diving 4 years ago so I am a "challenging" student but Pete was great. I will do my 100th dive in Bonaire the first week in April.

If there is anyway you can go to Key Largo and train with "The Chairman" it will be a great experience and you will learn. I am 74 years old and started diving 4 years ago so I am a "challenging" student but Pete was great. I will do my 100th dive in Bonaire the first week in April.
Thanks for the accolades, but I live in N Florida now, near Gainesville.

Congrats on the hundredth dive.

Back
Top Bottom