Need "Manifold Valve Protector / cylinder inversion unit"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Buano

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Due to a series of shoulder surgeries I cannot reach the right shutoff on my manifold. I've worked with instructors, tec-divers & commercial divers & they confirm that this is NOT a problem with my technique — it's a problem with my shoulder. SO, I am planning to rig inverted & see if it works BETTER FOR ME. (Whether this would be better for someone else is an issue that has been debated & will likely be debated until I'm too old to dive so I won't argue pro or con.)

Looking at the practical considerations, I would want a "OMS Stainless Steel Manifold Valve Protector — cylinder inversion unit" to protect my manifold & first-stages. This has been discontinued by OMS. Anyone know where I can get one? Any other manufacturer make a similar product?

Thanks for ANY help!
Ron

Sidemount is an excellent idea. Way better than inverted doubles with custom hose routings and lengths. Or a slobwinder for that matter.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom