Need replacement exhaust tee.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ebbdiver

Registered
Reaction score
I have a Dacor Pacer XL that has lost it's exhaust tee. I think it was pulled off in the kelp. It would seem to me that these parts would be common to replace, and wouldn't exactly need a tech to replace, but I don't see them for sale for any kind of regulator. I know tees from different types of Dacors will fit, but don't know if the flange design is common to any other brand. I like my Dacor, and will put a garden hose on the thing if I have too! Any ideas?

I've not seen those kinds of parts on e-bay. I suspect if you go begging on this and other scuba boards, you may find someone who can help. But this may be a good opportunity to go LDS shopping. Look for one who will sell you the part - you might be pleasanly surprised. If they insist on installing it, then you can talk $$ and get back with them.

One that sells Dacor and ask them to get it for you if it isn't in stock. I expect it is classed as a repair part and not a retail part.

AWAP, if the LDS wanted to put it on I doubt they would charge, it is about a 2 second job and the tech could do it in his / her sleep.

Another possibility is to scour eBay for someone selling a Pacer XL. I've seen these pop up on eBay now and then, and they usually go relatively cheap. The advantage of buying a whole 2nd stage is that you'll have more spare parts for yours, which are becoming very hard to find since Mares bought Dacor :) If you can't find one on there, PM me. I have a spare XL (I'm pretty sure it's an XL, at least) sitting around gathering dust. And it even has the exhaust tee on it :)

-Roman.

But after a few bad experiences with some LDS, I insist on a price up front as well as a clear agreement as to what is to be done.

Tees are one of those borderline parts like mouthpieces, hoses and exhaust valves which while technically regulator parts are also easy enough to install, and hard enough to screw up with, that most shops will freely sell them. I'd be really surprised if a shop refused to sell you one, or, if they insisted on installing it, charged you extra for doing so.

Actually they make a test of how friendly and helpful a shop is, whether they will sell them or choose to try to make a big deal out of them. So try the neaarest Dacor shop, and if that doesn't work, try another.

If they want you to leave it, I'd want to get a price unfront though.....

Thanks for the offer Roman. I talked to the tech at my LDS and he pulled one off a Pacer that he had in the shop. Sold it to me for $7.50, and it's like new! Sometimes the LDS can really pull through for you.

Back
Top Bottom